Sunday, January 26, 2014

Nora's Birthday & Baptism - Eight is Great!

2014 is the year of no big birthday parties. Last year I threw big parties for all the girls, this year they will all be low key, family celebration.  So We took Nora to Chuck E Cheeses with Grandma and Grandpa!  They had a blast b/c it's such a  treat b/c I never take them there...I'm a horrible no good mom, I know! ;)

I was out of town all weekend so we celebrated on a Monday.  I had no time and recovered from a red eye that day so my sweet mom went and bought her the cutest little birthday cake!

My Dad and Wade got into a bit of a table hockey competition!!

Then we went home and opened gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Bolinger!!  They're the best!



Wade was out of town at Drill the next weekend, so we had to wait to have Nora's baptism on the 18th.  The suspense was KILLING her!  She just couldn't wait to be baptized!!

Being a Mormon, we believe when we are baptized, we enter into a covenant with God. We promise to take upon ourselves the name of Jesus Christ, always remember Him, keep His commandments, and serve Him to the end. We renew this covenant each time we partake of the sacrament (the bread and water) on Sunday.

Eight is great for us b/c we do not believe that small children need to be Baptized.  We believe that until children understand the difference between good and bad and their free agency, they do not need to be baptized.   We believe that eight years old is the age that children definitely know that difference.


Anywho...enough of the Sunday School lesson...I took some pictures of Nora in her cute little white dress!  I'm LOVING her dress...I found it on Macys.com for only $19...AWESOME!!!

I seriously look at her and can't believe how grown up she looks. 

She's seriously gonna be 18 before I know it!

We planned her baptism and kept it very simple.  Who doesn't like their baptism with a side of chocolate sheet cake??

Bought some simple little flowers.  Nora's fav color is purple and sometimes blue. ha!

I found a little esty shop that makes cute little announcement and programs for baptisms.  Gotta love Mormon stay at home mom's tryin' to make a buck! There is something so cool reaching out to another Mormon Mom.  We would email back and forth as if we knew each other...LOL!

One of my sweet young women I teach at church wrote this on the chalkboard for Nora!!

Wade had the privileged of baptizing Nora.  Here they are all in white.  The little white jumper is kinda like a right of passage. ;)

Her baptism started with a talk from her Grandpa about the meaning and the purpose of baptism.  My fav part is when he told Nora, "In a  few minutes your dad (Wade) is gonna immerse you in water and when he pulls you back up....we think he'll pull you up...we hope he'll pull you up..."  Mom and I were giggling, but I don't think much of anyone else was.  You gotta love the Schafer sense of humor!!

Then she was baptism!!

 While she got changed we watched a little video on baptism and then these beautiful young ladies sang, "I am a child of God"

Then her Favorite Sunday School teacher spoke about the gift of the Holy Ghost and how he will guide you and prompt you to make good choices!!

Then her Dad, Grandpa, and two other family friends confirmed her a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost! 

 I just love the proud little look on her face in this picture!!

Then she was welcomed as the newest member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by her Sunday School President and also by our Bishop!!

And then the most important part was the pioneer woman's chocolate sheet cake...just kidding!!!  We all know the most important part was her cute dress!  Ok, seriously just teasing! ;)

The whole family with Grandma and Grandpa Schafer.

Just us!

Then some evil friend of mine stole my camera and started taking random pics.  I simply can't imagine who it was...






I love them all dearly! ;)  Nora really had so many friends there to support her on her special day.  She is one loved little Child of God! :)

No comments: