The phone rang last night at 10:00 and I tought to myself, "who on earth is calling me"! It was my sister. She called to tell me that Gordon B. Hinckley, our beloved president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, had passed away 2 hours earlier. AS soon as I got off the phone with her I called 2 of my friends that I knew would be up at 10:30. They had already heard the news as well. I almost can't believe how fast news traveled of his death. But, then I thought of what a great man he was and how dedicated he was to the service of the Lord. He has truly touched many people in his life so why wouldn't the word get out so quickly!
As I talked with some of my friends and family the conversation was the same. We surpisingly found ourselves filled with joy rather than sadness. He served a long and happy life and now he is with his beloved wife Marjorie, who passed in 2004, and with his Creator!!
I am posting a link to an article abou this life if you would like to read!!
1 comment:
It is sad, but happy. I tried to call you back after our call got cut off, but your line was busy.
We'll talk soon...miss you!
Post a Comment