The day after Thanksgiving we Busted out the Christmas decor!!! I was soooooo excited about this for a couple reasons!
1. I LOVE Christmas! Enough said!
2. I haven't seen my Christmas stuff for 2 years now b/c as I mentioned in previous post, our home was still all boxed up in storage until the day before we went out of town.
3. I LOVE listening to Christmas music. I actually have it on right now! Wade will not listen to it until the day after thanksgiving...it's like his personal house rule..bah humbug!!! ;) I think my favorite song in "Last Christmas" by Wham!! admit it, it's your too!
4. I delight in the task of decorating the Christmas tree. I don't know what I am gonna do when I have to relinquish my control over the tree and let my children decorate it. which I think Nora will be all about it next year. She helped this year but I was still in control! ;) It's a true obsession for me. What? I was the baby of my family, give me a break!
5. we can rev up the DVD player for technicolor and play the goodies like " It's a wonderful life" and " Holiday Inn"...Thanks Mom, I'm totally turning into you. Between this and crying during hymns in church I don't have a chance. Color me Lani Jean Schafer b/c I am on my way.
6. Christmas party time! It's no secret that I am somewhat of a social creature. So, I love going to parties and Christmas parties are the BEST! Could be a little better if I could spike the egg nog with some bourbon...JUST TEASING! ;) But, they are great nonetheless! All the goodies, white elephant gifts, and of course Christmas music...all in one place. You can act a fool at Christmas parties and nobody could care less b/c we are ALL in a good mood!
Well, I am sure there are plenty more but, I'll stop there and show you some pictures of our fun day!
Oh Tenenbaum!!!!

8 comments:
nothing says christmas like wham!!! "give it to somebody speh-cial!"
and i don't you were just teasing...
Love it!!! LOVE the Christmas card!!! Yours was the first of the year! Love ya!
Are you really coming to Utah for Christmas? Would love to see you while you're here.
Look at you untangling those lights like a pro! I can't wait for next year when you and Nora are fighting over who is going to decorate the tree. :o) Loved the Christmas card!
I laughed SO hard about Wham! Love it...Love all the decorations and your tree! Nora looks SO cute!
Hey girl! Where's my cute Christmas card??
Gorgeous tree! I can so relate to the whole relinquishing control of decorating the tree thing. When the kids were younger (alright, I'll admit it...up until this year) I'd let them decorate and then I'd totally go and redo it. This year, I'm trying to rehabilitate myself. And so I've only moved two or three ornaments around. Or four or five. ;)
How fun...
Looks like the girls are good little elves.
Have a great Christmas.
Love ya'll
Post a Comment