Thursday, December 18, 2008

The South has risen again...we'll for one day!

We went to a Civil War re-enactment a couple weekends ago and really enjoyed it. We went to our first one when I was prego with Nora in Alabama. That one was truly a lot of fun. By the end Wade was ready to by an outfit and become a traveling re-enactor! ;) The one in Alabama had booths and food and a pretend hospital for the injured soliders. This one just had a huge crowd, cold weather and slow progressing Battle. But, we enjoyed it nonetheless. It was a two day battle. The South Whupped butt the first day and then the North won the battle on the second day.

The Union was on the ground and overtook the south on the hill. But on the first day (according to my local historian, Wade) when the Union got on the hill they went in too far in and the South surrounded them and took 'em out! I am not sure what happened the second day exactly, but I do know that them there Yankees won. SOOOO, the South did rise again in 2008 during the Battle of Prarie Grove, but only for ONE day!



The "Confederacy" Hangin Tough!
The Confederates blowin up the Union

Uno y Uno! The calvary busted out bayonettes.

The union starting their ascend up the Hill.
Had to take a picture of us! Don't you think we blend in?!

The Union made it to the top of the hill and started blastin'!

We thought this was a great picture...One confederate soldier is helped and injured of the battle field!! Ahh...too sweet! I guess those confederates weren't all bad....what??? Them there is fightin' words! ;)

And for my favorite Picture of all......

Wait for it,

Wait for it,

Wait for it,

Yep, this is a product of my professional photography work! I was holding up my camera to get a view over the crowd and I tilted the camera downward thinking I was going to get a ghot of the Union on the ground. And well, this is what I ended up with! ;) Nice, Huh?!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Supershepherds said...

It's okay if it's your husband's butt. If not, then...um...yeah, keep working on the aim.

Nicole Bolinger said...

Uhm! It's not my hubbies butt!! ;)

heidi said...

awesome. awesome. i don't think there is much more i can say. from the beginning to the end(HA), awesome.
please read twilight. i think you will love it's ridiculousness.

Anonymous said...

Love the butt shot....think it's great it's not your hubby's! lol..just kidding. Work on your photo skills, girl! ;o)

Sheryl said...

Nice, did you get his number for me? :) Loved loved your Christmas card. You should have heard the oohs and ahs.....

Anonymous said...

I love that Wade wants to buy a uniform and become a re-enactor, just goes to show that the theater gene is in all us Bolingers. Maybe one of these years I'll be able to come see you guys and get the audio tour too (we're all the same that way too). Knew the last picture wasn't Wade but at least now he has an idea of what to work towards, am I right??? :)

Oh and finally, Twilight is ridiculous.....