Saturday, February 14, 2009

The BIG Five!!!


Yep!  Wade and I have made it to FIVE years of marital bliss... well, two years of marital bliss and then we had kids, but I digress!! ;)  Ok, Ok, JUST TEASING!!!  It really has been five GREAT years.  I married my complete opposite and it couldn't have been a better decision.  He is just about the only person that can calm me down when I am going CRAZY (which can happen from time to time) and THAT is a task of its own...just ask my mom!!  Anyway, here's to 5 years, 2 states of residence, 2  beautiful kids, 2 different careers, numerous arguments, and numerous make-ups!!! 

For our Anniversary, I must say Wade took the cake.  I knew he was planning something, but I figured it was dinner and a movie, complete with a babysitter.  We usually keep it low key b/c the last couple years I have been either prego, nursing, recovering from a c-section, or my hubby was on a different continent!!  Fun times!!!  Well, Friday morning (Feb.5th)  I wake up to Audrey crying and Wade rushes up to get her.  I figured he was gonna put her in the high chair and feed her and just wake me up when he leaves.  When I finally woke up it was almost 7 am and that is LATE for Wade to still be home.  So I walk into the kitchen and see this:


I know, so sweet!  He then tells me that he took the day off work to watch the girls while I was out.  I asked where was I going, he then drew my attention to this:



Yep, you're reading it right, 4 hours at a day spa!!  So I hop in my car and go here:



It was really nice, cozy, and clean inside.  I was totally pampered.  The package consisted of a 90 minute hot stone massage, a relaxing facial, and a manicure and pedicure!!

Wade totally out did himself!  I really had no clue and worse I had nothing for him.  I know, it sounds so bad, but we just don't usually do gifts.  So I planned a date night for the next night (our actual anniversary).  We did the typical dinner and a movie.  I lined up the babysitter and we saw "TAKEN", great movie by the way.  We take a picture every year and here we are:



We had a good night just watching up with each other.   And for those of you that don't know Wade, that's all her really wants.  He is a total quality time kind of guy!! ;)

6 comments:

The Grays: said...

OMG! How wonderful! Wade is a wonderful man and congrats on 5 years of marital bliss! Can I have Wade plan our 5 year anniversary this December?

Scates Family said...

Happy Anniversary! How romantic is Wade!

Unknown said...

Wow...I can't believe it's been 5 years since all that planning and wedding ciaos! You two are so cute, you inspire me. xoxo

Yahnira Backus a.k.a. "Mommy" said...

Tell Wade that he just totally ruined it for all the spouses of those reading this blog...hehe....That was really sweet and I just love the picture! Ya'll look great together!

Laura said...

I cannot believe it's been that long!!! Congrats girl!

Supershepherds said...

Congrats you too. I'm glad the wedding dance is still going strong. Good job Wade. You da man!