
So we have finally entered the Monster ERA!! Last night Nora woke up not once, not twice, but FOUR times to tell us that there is Monsters in her room. The first time was a soft wake, She came up to my side of the bed and whispered to me. By the fourth time she was Screaming in her room. Poor Little girl! The last time was about 4:30 and Wade laid down with her in her bed so he could figure out what she was seeing and/or hearing. Well, needless to say that was the last time I saw Wade until I had to wake him up at 6 am when the alarm went off.
I hope there isn't too many of these nights ahead!!! A friend of mine, we'll call her Virginia (b/c that's her name), gave me a great idea! She bought a little plastic spray bottle and filled it with water and told her sons to spray the monsters when they came around. She told them that Monsters were afraid of water! She said it worked with her boys, so I think I am gonna give it a whirl. I think Nora will have fun with it too. SO, Whatcha think???
5 comments:
I think it's worth a try! Good luck with that, and keep us posted.
Water could work, each child is so different.What works for Holly is blessings and prayers that Heavenly Father would keep her from having bad dreams. We also have "princess" lights (pink Christmas lights) strung around her room to illuminate it during the night.
Poor baby. Give her lots of love from Grandpa and Grandma.
PS. we have extra "princess lights" if you need some
I just know that MY three year-old would empty the bottle out before he even touched any monsters...hehe... I think it's definitely worth a try. You might want to use a night light or leave the hallway light on? It worked with my munchkin. :)
Well, last night went smoothly. She didn't wake up once. So lets hope it was just a one time thing!
Sounds like a great idea! I'll have to write that down in my little "mommy idea book!" Let me know if it works! Love ya!
Lisa
Post a Comment