The Sole Sisters! We are a bunch of Latter Day Saint Women from all over Northwest Arkansas. Only about half the girls are actually in the picture. The group gets bigger and bigger every year! Some I know, some I don't know. After only about 1 1/2 miles into the Race I got the WORST stomach cramps EVER!! A sweet woman, Amanda (I barely know her..but we all had pink shirts so we "know" each other) came up behind be and encouraged me. It completely touched my heart. Pause...It just makes me thinks of how united early LDS pioneer women probably were when they trekked across the plains and probably had to encourage one another to keep moving forward and put their faith in God. Cheesy, I know!! But it's funny how you can find gospel principles in almost any situation. Anyway, here we are...
Springdale Group: Apryll and her daughter did the 5K together...so sweet, Jane, and me...Toni, Where were you during picture time??? Oh, probably being the only prepared one and standing in line for the restroom! Thanks for letting me brake line!
Jane and I were the Springdale 10K runners. Both first timers and I think we did great!
Nora patiently waiting for me at a water stop!
Finally, I made it to the water station! Nora was so excited to see me, but I think I was more excited to see them!
8 comments:
This was absolutely so much fun! I was so impressed with the vendors and the "family friendly" atmosphere. I will be running again next year, for sure! Plus, the money goes to a great cause! Great job, Nicole!
You are awesome! I am so impressed. Mom, photographer, athlete, you do it all.
You go girl! Wow--running a 10K! I've managed to WALK the P-tree Road Race...but you'll never find me running it! What an inspiration! :>
Lisa
So impressed and proud of you. Keep runnin' chicka.
I was so bummed I was not feeling well enough to run...definently next year...looks like it was so much fun! Soooo impressed with you and Jane for doing the 10K!
Good job, girl! That's awesome. I loved seeing you, too, last week. I'll be back working out soon. ; )
Good job!! I am so proud of you. It's kind of ironic, but I LOVE to run, but I still haven't done ANY races 5K or 1K for that matter...hehe ;)
hu-freaking-ray! the picture of all the sisters wearing the pink shirts gave me chills! i am so proud of you. next year, a half-marathon? perhaps???
and i think the pioneer analogy is not cheesy at all. very apropos!
Post a Comment