On my way to visit my sister and parents into Sacramento I flew into LAX (btw, I saw NO celebs...bummer) and then spent a couple days with Zina, a high school friend whom I haven't seen in YEARS...like 9 to be exact!!! She lives in Huntington Beach with her sweet little family!
One of the afternoon's we were there was a little dreary and too cold to go to the beach. At about 10:00 am Zina says, "I have the BEST idea of what to do today, let's go to DISNEYLAND!!!" The thought had never occured to me b/c I thought it would be WAY too much money to spend on something we hadn't planned to do. Well, little did I know that they have season passes and can go when ever they want. They go for dinner and a ride or two on a date night...how cool is that? Anyway, I happily forked over the cash to go b/c I knew the girls would LOVE it! I should have recorded a video of us telling the kids we were going there. It was just like the Disney commercials!
Anyway, we got there and immediately had take a snapshot at the front. Apparently, it's the total tourist thing to do. We were tourists, so bring it!! :)
As we entered the park we headed straight to the Disney castle and look who we ran into:
So fun!!!
The girls and Zina's kids having a GRAND old time during lunch.
We we're asked if these two were twins... I could totally see it if they were. Look at their eyes and their hair color...CRAZY, huh? They got along fabulously!!!
We waited in line to seet he Disney Princess's. For a minute, I wished I had bought those autograph books from the gifts shops, but then I thought, "WHY, so they can immediately go home and loose it or tear it apart?" You see that is what my kids do. If your kids play nicely with things and take care of their toys, consider me JEALOUS!! My girls just tear things up. And just know that every baby doll or barbie is naked in my house!!
Nora loved Pocahontas! She started to tell her all about the cartoon and then Pocahontas said, "then you know my story"
Audrey LOVED seeing Belle! She just couldn't take her eyes off her and rubbing her...LOL! She pointed to her earrings and Belle said,"those are very special earrings, the beast gave them to me. " I just love how these princess' stay in character.
And then there was Ariel! Audrey was not interested in her at all and Nora wasn't very thrilled either. Maybe if she had her Fin on it would have been more impressive.
Zina's daughter had to leave for a dance competition practice so It was just us and the rest of the kiddos. We waited in a VERY long line to go on Micky's Roller Coaster in Toon Town.
Audrey and Nora were both big enough to ride it themselves. Isn't this so cute?
By that afternoon the kids were ALL sooooooo tired of walking and we just had the ONE double stroller so we improvised.
After Zina was tired of holding Elise, we improvised again! I know, bad parenting skills at their finest. Don't worry, this was mainly for giggles!!
Nora was so excited for Gianna to join us once again. They were so cute with each other. It was like the next generation of "Nicole and Zina"! HA!
The whole gang watching the fireworks at Disnyland!!! We pretty much closed the place down. We even rode a couple rides after the fireworks. If Iived around the corner from Disney, I would go for the fireworks and then ride some rides. There were hardly ANY lines b/c more than half the people left once the show was over....AWESOME!
Zina and I!!! So fun to have such a good friend for so long. We always pick up right where we left off. Also, friends from your youth are awesome b/c they just "get" you!! LOVE it!!!
Yeah, we take lessons from the celebs in the tabloid mags. Look at us proppin' those legs out to look slimmer!! LOL!
Strikin' a pose with the gals!
And...I think we're done here!! :)
We really had a fabulous day, but if I had to choose, I think I would have to say that Disney World is better!! Cali is cool and all, but you just can't beat Florida when it comes to sdany white beaches and Disny World AND Universal Studios!! :) And that's all I have to say about that! :)
2 comments:
looooove disnyland, so glad you got to go!
so glad you gals got to do this--looks like tons of fun :) you look amazing!
Post a Comment