Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Half Birthday

Elise had her 1/2 birthday this past week.  SIX whole months, can you believe it?  It's so true what they say, "time goes by faster the more children you have". I think "THEY" have said that.  Or maybe I said it. And who is "THEY" anyway and why do they know so much.  And are "THEY" really always right?? 

Anyway, I took these pics Sunday at my sisters house in Califonia.  I'm a little limited with my editing b/c all my editing "tricks" are on my mac desktop at home.  But thanks to Pioneer Woman and some other photogs, I downloaded some free stuff for photoshop on my laptop.  :)  I think they turned out pretty good!

I just can't get over those blue eyes.  I mean, they are REALLY blue.  My sister said both her boys had blue eyes until they were about 4 or 5 and then they turned to green.  So we'll see.  I finally discovered that there are blue eyes in my family.  So I do have a recessive jean, oops I meant gene, couldn't help but leave that typo in...hilarious!  Anyway, Wade has some siblings with blue eyes.  So we just might have made ourselves a blue eyed daughter.  Craziness, I would have NEVER in a million years thought I would have a blue eyed child.  But again, time will only tell for sure. ;)


This picture just makes me smile!  My wonderful sister in law, Evelyn, said she looked like a baby zombie.  After looking at it, I think I'd have to agree.  But in a REALLY cute way.  I mean DANG cute! 

 I don't know why, but I just love this picture!  This is how she sits most of the time.  Sometimes she pushes herself forward and onto her tummy.  She's been trying HARD to crawl latley, but not there just yet.

Growing Feet

Eyelashes.  All my girls have the longest eyelashes.  LOVE them!  They get them from their Dad.  Mine (or "Mines" as Nora would say) aren't long at all.  And  I will forever fall victim to the mascara marketing schemes that claim their product will give you muti-length lashes or lashes that look like falsies.  Just bought some of the "Falsies" mascara today.  Anyone with me on that?

And last, but not least, a little smile for Momma!

I swear I am gonna take some pictures of all my girls soon.  I'm hoping to take some while I'm here in Cali.  I'd like to get some cousins shots too!!  So stay tuned!

2 comments:

Ashley Terry said...

She's so gorgeous!! What cute girls you have!!

Amber T said...

Great pics and happy 6 months to Elise! And your blue eyed gal might stay that way...both my parents, as well as my brother and sister have dark brown, if not black (my dad - in his youth) hair and my hair is blonde enough that if I don't draw my eyebrows on, it looks like I don't have any. You never know! Hope you guys are having fun in CA!!