Friday, May 18, 2012

iphone chronicles ~ Spring 2012 edition

 I know what you're thinking, "It's been a while since Nicole has posted some pics from her iphone".  Craziness, that is what I was thinking too. Just in time for the Spring edition.  So here it is...

One night for FHE (Family Home Evening) we went to our neighborhood park with a $2 ball and had a BLAST!  Seriously, WE all had so much fun!  If you haven't run around a field trying to kick a ball anytime lately, you really should!!  I can't explain it.  I guess sometimes as adults we get too caught up in wanting to do adult things.  This activity is just what this mid-aged soul needed!

I made this pretty awesome cake for Easter.  Thanks Pinterest!!!

 My little Elise wants so bad to be a big girl!!  She is already trying to eat with a fork.  And this baby fork didn't last long.  She is now using a "real" fork.  What is her deal?  Doesn't she realize she is growing too fast?!?!  GAH! :)  Stop it, E!!!

I've been braiding A LOT!   French braiding has been the hardest thing to learn.  I realized I needed to figure it out when Nora would LITERALLY ask me when grandma is coming to visit so she could braid her hair.  That and mend all our clothes.  Sewing has been "must figure out" too over the past few month.  hahaha! :)  This is Nora's hair trying to do one of those side braids.  Not bad for the first time, huh?

Elise LOVES animals, like SERIOUSLY loves them.  She screams and claps whenever she is around ANY kind of animal.  She was so cute when we saw this little puppy at an arts fair we went to.  They were best buds!

I bought each girl a pair of butterfly wings at the local arts and crafts fair.  I could believe how cheap they were.  $4 Each!!  Actually, E's was only $3! They could totally get more for those, don't you think?  Here are my 3 butterflies sharing a shaved ice.  One that E tipped over while I ran to get napkins.  But she just scraped off the top and threw it back in.  Problem solved!!  What, it's just grass for goodness sakes! :)

That same afternoon for lunch we went and ate Mexican!  Yes, it was Cinco de  Mayo!!   And yes, it was hot outside and YES, we sat on the patio anyway. One thing I've learned, is that when it's just me a 3 little girls, the patio is ALWAYS the better option no matter the weather.  That way, they can be loud and run around all they want! :)  Now, July in GA may be a different story.

One of my other Butterfly's

Nora's class made a cook book for Mother's consisting of each students favorite meal that their Mom's made.  IT was HILARIOUS!!  Nora picked pumpkin soup.  I don't even know why, I've only made it a handful of times, but apparently it left an impact. ;)

For Mothers day N and A took me for a pedicure!  We all went, but Mommy was the only one that got a "SPA" pedicure.  So they each took turns sitting on my lap and dipping their feet in.  They loved it  and everyone there couldn't get over how cute they are.  That's the awesome thing about having 3 little girls.  Wherever we go people smile at us.  Well, except when Mommy is busy yelling at said 3 little girls and then they are just staring at us! hehe!

The girls getting their toe nails done!

Final product!!!  

Then for dinner on Mothers Day, Wade and the girls made me dinner! I thought they did an AWESOME job.  It sure was yumm-o too! :) When Wade and the girls went to the store Nora brought all her change in her piggy bank b/c she wanted to pay for it.  She said, "Daddy, you don't have to worry about money b/c I can pay for it, OK?!".  Toooooooo cute ! :)

Wade and I had a "stay in" date-night to talk about what the Heck we were gonna do with our immediate future.  If you don't know, Wade was training here at Ft. Gordon for the Army Guard.  His training was up April 1st.  We were expecting to be here 18 months so Wade quit his job in Arkansas (he HATED it anyway). Anyway, May 18th we're still on the job search.  I still feel really positive, but some choices needed to be made.  We decided to move out of our rental here in Augusta by June 1st, put our stuff in storage, and travel!!  Well, Wade is still gonna be interviewing and he wants to tend to our rentals in AR, but I'm gonna travel out west and stay with my fam until the dust settles.  Basically, it's all just a good excuse to have one big summer VACAY!! :)  May sound crazy and all but it's a plan and plans are good! :)

Last weekend we traveled to Knoxville, TN for an interview for Wade and we stayed with an old childhood friend of mine.  We decided that the last time we really saw each other was about our JR. year in HS.  CRAZY!!  So  much time has gone by and we both have changed in so many ways, but were still exactly the same.  Funny how time does that.  She's as beautiful as ever (inside and out) and I wish we lived closer!!  

No comments: