Monday, August 20, 2012

From GA to CA

This Summer we went from Augusta, GA to Sacramento, CA.  Well, technically that was only HALF our summer adventure, but more on that on the next post.  We started our summer by packing up our house.  Well, Wade and I packed and these little girls played and made the house messy behind us.  That baby of ours even unpacked a time or two! :)

Then, we put it all into storage as we waited for a job offer and hoped they will move this stuff for us!!  Which we did get one and YES, they are moving it for us!  yay!

Then, the girls and I hopped a VERY long flight form ATL to Sacramento while Wade drove to Arkansas to tend to our rentals there for a bit.  It was seriously LONG and seriously the worst day of my life.  I mean it, tears we involved and I mean mine, not just the little girls.  I would seriously prefer driving across the United States (which we did) than take that flight with 3 little girls EVER again!!  I can't talk details, I will probably get upset! ;)

Anywho, once  we arrived, it was my Dad's bday!!  My sister and I, of course, had to make the BEST Texas sheet cake EVER!!!  No decorating involved, just a BUNCH of candles!!

We were worried it was a fire hazzard for a bit...

Proud Gramps!

We went bicycling!!

I think I LOVE it!!  I wish there were bicycle paths in Fayetteville, GA! :(
  
And we ate ice cream...A LOT!!

We hung out as a family on Memorial day (minus Wade, we missed him)!!
 
The cousins played...

and played!

Aunt Shelley...

and Wade taught Nora to ride a bike!

Audrey enjoyed a joy ride with Aunt Shelley.

Little miss Claudia wheeled the girls around dropped them off at our front door.  What a cute package, huh?

Hayden and Nora had a lemonade stand.  Well, mostly Nora, but we'll let that go...hahaha!

Audrey picked up where Hayden slacked. ;)

Did I mention we ate ice cream?  We visited Vic's ice cream MANY a time!!  This was my FAV pic, thank you instagram!

Kissing cousins!!  Literally!  They may not have kissed, but we do worry they love each other a little TOO much, lol!

My cuties!!  PS, that is Wade's FAV shirt.  You'll see it a lot.

One of my other cuties!

They LOVED sitting at the ice cream bar!

Off to Funderland!!  Their FAVORITE place to go when we visit.  It's an amusement park just for kids.

Poor girl, she couldn't ride many rides!

FUN!!

She was big enough this year to drive by herself!  She was so proud!

the log FLUME!!

Elise was allowed to ride if Daddy went with her. 

The train!  This was the last picture AND last ride before Nora broke her arm.  She tripped stepping off this train and broke her arm rights above her elbow. :( I fear she will NEVER ride it or any train EVER again.

Nora in her hospital room after she woke up from surgery.  Three pins, one little incision, and a big pink cast!! Oh, and we can't forget Peanut Butter, her toy bear they gave her in the ER.  He became her best friend!

A week later that pink cast turned purple!

Then Wade and I went off together to Napa Valley!!  

We ate some YUMMY food!!
Stayed at a cute little resort and had a mud bath!!  Sorry, no pics.  :(  it was very interesting.  Glad I gave it a try, but don't think I will ever do it again.

The next day we toured a Winery!!  Very beautiful there!!

The Castle de Castello


baby grapes.



In Napa, your neighbors have vineyards in their front yard!  Love it!

The tours were fun, but since we don't drink, we really enjoyed the FOOD!!  Especially eating yummy food on the patio....did I mention it BEAUTIFUL there?

Then, before I left town, Mom, Shelley, and I had a girls day out.  We went out to eat at my Mom's FAV place, Red Lobster.  Don't ask why, none of us get it, but she likes what she likes!  I don't have the pic of all three of us, but I love this picture of me and my sister, red eyes and all!  I guess we're vampires! ha!


No comments: