A couple weeks ago Audrey gave her first talk in primary (that's children's Sunday school in Mormon talk)! Her topic was on the Ten commandments. About 2 years ago I posted Nora's first HERE so I guess now, I need to do the same. And yes, one day you should expect Elise's first talk as well, but don't hold me to it!! haha! :)
I am always impressed at how much input my little girls have about their talk. You would think that they have no idea what is going on, but they do. I did help her write it, but she was sure to be very involved with it.
So here it goes, Audrey's first talk...
~Today I want to talk to you about the Ten Commandments
~The Prophet Moses went up the Mt. and spoke with GOD. GOD gave him the Ten Commandments. (She then held up her Visual Aid...the "original" Ten commandments...thanks, Daddy)
~They teach us how to obey GOD.
~The Ten Commandments teach us LOVE for the Lord and LOVE for our fellow man. (She then held up a heart shaped cut out)
~This week we are talking about Commandment #5, "Honor thy Mother and thy Father" (she held up a picture of our family)
~We must remember to honor them throughout our whole lives.
~ I say these things In the name of Jesus Christ...Amen!
Ta Da....that was her talk!! So in depth, right?? :) She Loved every second she got to stand up at that podium!! I was very proud of her!
In other church news I was extended a calling (positions in my church are called "callings" b/c they are voluntary and without pay) which I accepted, not without asking, "Are you sure you want me to do this?" and a giggle! My new calling is the Chorister. So I lead the whole church in song during our main service. No, I do not wear a robe or anything like that. I sit on the stage and when it's time for a hymn I simply stand and wave my arm to the count of the hymn. Not hard, but WOW, my arm really does get tired. I did this type thing about 5 years ago, but for the primary kids. It was more about teaching the kids songs using visual aids and games than about directing them, but I guess that gives me experience. Clearly no experience is needed to be the Church chorister, when after they asked me to do it, they asked, "Have you done anything like this before?" lol! I guess the good Lord has his reasons, so I just trusted that and went on my way!
When they first asked me to do it, I thought it would be no big deal b/c let be honest, who looks at the chorister anyway?? Well, appartently quite a few people do. So far I've done it 2 Sundays and each week I've had people stop me in the hallway and tell me how good I'm doing, or how much they enjoy my smile while I'm up there (btw, I'm smiling b/c I keep messing up), or how much they enjoy watching me interact with my family (apparently I smile and wink at them, and give them an occasional "thumbs up back to them...that's Audrey's thing), or even today someone told me they've never enjoyed singing the hymns so much! Isn't that the sweetest?!?! Seriously, I'm humbled by this experience already, I can't even express why I feel so humbled by it, but I just do. Maybe I matter after all and maybe the Lord does know what he's doing!! :)
Hope everyone had a amazing Sunday as well! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment