Sunday, December 30, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa Schafer came for Thanksgiving

Well, we did a couple things before G'ma and G'pa came so here's a quick run down... 

It was Wade's Bday so I made him carrot cake pops.  Kind of hard.  They were super yummy, but kind of a lengthy process.  Cake pops will not be making a regular appearance in the Bolinger home!!

We explored nature with some little friends.  Elise is in the middle!

We took Daddy for a free meal at Chili's for Veterans Day!

We tried to find a camera store for Mommy, it was closed, so we ate Gigi's cupcakes! :)

I also went to Minnesota to photograph a wedding!!  My Cousins daughter (first cousin once removed, if you please) hired me to take her wedding pics!!  I had a BLAST, but took no pics, well, except for her's that is. :(

Mom and Dad arrived.  We roasted hotdogs and marshmallows in our front yard.  Why yes, our front yard resembles a forest! :)

The girls played with each other a lot.  This is one of the rare moments they were sharing and getting along.  I believe they were playing with Daddy's fire! :)  And we did, in fact, spend a lot of time in our PJ's. ;)

They played go fish with Grandpa...

Made sugar cookie dough with Grandma...

Ate said cookie dough...

Nora set our Thanksgiving table, complete with the high class Chinet paper plates.  Only the best for us! :)  LOL! I thought Nora did a great job.  She becoming so helpful around the house! :)

The Thanksgiving Oven!!!  Can't wait until our basement is done...one day b/c then I will have a second oven as there is a kitchen down there. yay! :)

We had the privileged of feeding the Sister Missionaries for Thanksgiving!!  They are awesome, I seriously LOVE them!  They took the girls and did this little craft with them.  I'm gonna miss them when they leave.  And yes, my kids are a mess...that's what happens on Thanksgiving day when you don't leave the house....AWESOME! :)

That night, Wade and I braved the black Friday shopping.  We ( I mean Santa) scored big time on some new bikes for the girls! :)

The next day we all went and cut down a Christmas tree.  This was Nora's FAV and the one we actually cut down.

This was Audrey's FAV.  A little more "charlie brown" Christmas for my taste!

They love Grandma!

The tree put up a fight, but they defeated it! :)
  
LOVE this pic!!  Thank you instagram for the filter! :)

After a hard day of Christmas tree shopping, we headed straight to the Waffle house.  I think we started a new tradition.

After a few days of complete mess in our living room, we finally had  our beautiful Christmas tree ready to admire! :)

Then we all went to Centennial Olympic park and the Coca~Cola museum.  It was such a beautiful day!

Fun times at the park...

the youngest 2 with the Coca~Cola bear!

Where's Audrey??  Seriously, I'm pretty sure he's eating my middle child!  haha!

Taste testing!  This was the girls FAV part.  Nora has been begging to go to the museum since they discussed Coca~Cola in Kindergarten...why, I have no idea!  Anyway, she wasn't too interested in the whole "Museum" part, but the taste testing was AWESOME!!

We really liked a lot of the flavors from Africa.  They also had a seasonal  ginger coke, that was pretty good, but only in very small amounts.  England had an AWFUL flavor called "Beverly" it seriously tasted like tonic water with death as an after taste. :)

This little girl couldn't get enough of taste testing...

We finally got around to cutting the sugar cookies out with Grandma!

Then Grandpa took over with the decorating!

YUMM!  They did a really good job!!  WAY better then years ago when I attempted decorating with a 2 year old Nora.  Worst Christmas memory EVER...LOL! :)

We also took a trip to the Atlanta Motor Speedway where they have the festival of lights.  It was cute, the girls LOVED it! :)

Had to throw this in here.  Nora had to go back to school and this in one of her outfits.  She loves to pick her own clothes out and a lot of times I guide her, but I let her have this battle.  I figured it kind of worked.  What can I say? She's very avant-garde! :)

A little more go fish with Grandpa...

And we started a fire...LOL!  Yes, it's on TV.  The girls love it!!  And I promise you really do start to feel toasty.  We particularly love it too bc it also plays Christmas music!  SCORE! :)

1 comment:

Khinna said...

Love your girls. Nora's outfit is great. If I even consider or suggest anything to C, heaven forbid me!