We kept Easter a little low key this year. We did a fun Easter egg hunt in the community on Saturday and then went to church Easter morning, a small Easter basket hunt at home, then had friends over for dinner that night.
Amongst all the candy and baskets, we try to continually talk about the meaning of Easter throughout the whole weekend. I think they are starting to get it. Audrey is even grasping it. We went out of town for Spring Break and toured an old Army Ft. While looking down an old tunnel Audrey asked, "Is that where Jesus was buried?" I'll take that as a sign of success!!
Easter egg hunt at a church in the community
I just love this pic. IDK why, I guess just a picture only a Mother could love.
I seriously think egg hunting reminds me of the Hunger Games...anyone else?
Audrey was none to thrilled with the amount off eggs she got in her age group...
So, I let her go again..WHAT? ;)
We missed Elise's age group hunt because we were a little late. Apparently only Mormons function on Mormon standard time (aka about 15 minutes late) haha! :)
Our Family!!
Easter morning the girls always wake up and hunt their baskets. I hid them SO hard this year (insert sarcasm)
Nora's was under the kitchen island...
Elise's under the dining room table...
And Audrey's was behind the kitchen curtains...
Then, after they got into their Easter dresses we had a QUICK photo shoot. I mean QUICK!!! aka, not my best work, but their beautiful anyways, so it's hard to really mess it up.
That night we grilled salmon and had picnic on our deck with some friends who live here without family as well. It was a little non-traditional, but it was a beautiful night and so fun! :)
And no we did not dye eggs! We just ran out of time/I was too tired to deal with it/I forgot...I don't feel bad about it either!! :)
Hope you had a wonderful Easter as well! :)


















No comments:
Post a Comment