Thursday, December 10, 2009

Family Fun Day

As I have blogged about before, life for us this fall has been HECTIC!!! We are all so busy going a million different ways, so we haven't been able to spend quality time together as a family very much lately. Recently I had to take my car into a volvo dealership to get some things looked at. Well, the closest Volvo dealership is in Tulsa, OK (an hour and half away). So Wade decided to take a day of work and away from the apartments and we all went to Tulsa together as a family. It was REALLY GREAT! Family fun day is kind of like a good date night with the hubby. Once you finally take the time to have it, you realize how much you needed it and how enjoyable it is. Anyway. We dropped the cars off, went to eat lunch, played and the Children's museum, and then hit the mall to check out the apple store and get an orange julius (Wade LOVES those drinks). It was truly SO refreshing!! Here are some highlights!!

When we dropped the car off they gave us a loaner and it was a Volvo Wagon! I had to take a picture of it b/c we L-O-V-E'd it!! Nora even said, "I Love this car mom, it's so clean" to which my reply was, "Well, ya know Nora, you can help mommy keep our car clean". B/c let's be honest. Most of the mess in my car is due to toys and spilled drinks and crumbs of food. Before I had kids I SWORE up and down I would NEVER have a mommy car. I told myself that I was totally going to keep my car clean... spoken like a true newlywed with ZERO kids!! ;) Anyway, here's the car, it really was beautiful!


We had a BLAST at the Childrens Museum. It wasn't anything over the top. Honestly as an adult, you walk in thinking, "is this it???" It's just a bunch of separated rooms set up as different environments such as; a grocery store, doctors office, beauty salon, post office, CSI lab, a play house, and a big fun zone play area. It's sounds really cool, but it was pretty "low budget" looking. BUT, for a kid...doesn't matter! To a 3 year old and 22 month old it was a giant FUNLAND. we spent 3 hours there easy. We only left b/c we had to as it was closing!!

So here are some shots of the girls at play!!

Even Wade's inner child came out while we were there! There was this little area where you made "ball run" for a lack of a better word. You just organize these little tubes and mats that a ball can run through...like a perfect little path. "lil"Wade worked really hard on his! ;)

During Construction
The Final Cut
I truly can't say it enough, It was a GREAT day!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

O's World said...

It looks like you had a blast!!!! Your girls are so stinkin cute! I love your new header:) You look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Family Day is the best! Looks like you guys had fun!

Supershepherds said...

Very cool. How did Nora do on the hair cut? I'm looking for a new stylist.

Jadie said...

gotta love those children museums! Hours and hours of fun.

Seattle's right--the header is really cute!