Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I guess they were really really good!!!


I don't know how it happened... if you read my blog at all then you know that my two little girls are Naughty Naughty, especially when I am in the shower (thanks Heather for noticing the trend)!! :) But some how Santa felt they deserved an early Christmas. OK, so Santa was really Grandparents and I guess from a grandparents perspective little girls are ALWAYS good. So Grandpa Wes and Grandma Kim sent some Christmas gifts. Did I say some, I mean about a truck load. I seriously had THREE boxes at my front door full of stuff for Christmas for all of us! Since my parents will be in town in a couple days we decided to let them open their gifts from Wes and Kim. That way they would know who gave what and it would be special for both the girls and Grandpa Wes and Grandma Kim. They are SO organized...they shop all year picking things that they know we would like and buy things for us one by one. Wade and I have tried that in years past, but just aren't that organized and disciplined. Gotta give them props for that!!!

Anyway, we put cookies in the oven, opened Christmas presents while listening to Christmas music, then decorated the cookies, that ate them up. It was a fun night and made the girls super excited. Wade and I decided to keep our gifts until Christmas day, but the girls opened their gifts and loved each of them. One of the amazing gifts were Cabbage Patch Gifts. They look like the original, I don't know how they got them, but they are Awesome. Grandma Kim assured me they want them to play with the dolls, but I just wanted to put them on a shelf as they make me reminisce about the days I had a cabbage Patch doll. So they have played with them and the dolls have been stripped down and even colored on with marker. Don't worry, I constantly redress them and clean them b/c I can't stand the thought of them getting messed up. Honestly, I don't know how long I can keep an eye on them, but I am sure gonna try!! They also LOVE the wonderful tin lunchboxes. Again, just like the ones I carried when I was younger. Nora says it her jewelry box and Audrey just stuffs things in it and sits on it. But no matter how they play with their new toys they love to play with them and we are very thankful for the generosity of Grandma and Grandpa!! :)


Just a couple pics of their gifts they got and the cookies we made. Before they started opening the gifts we showed them a picture of their Grandparents whom they only get to see about one a year. But they have their picture in their room!


The stockings that Grandma Kim made for us. She gave them to Wade and I when we were first married and made the girls one as they were born!

Cookie Eating time!! Doesn't everybody think their kids are cute no matter what they are doing???




Seriously, look at all they sent! More than we deserved!


Our tree!!











6 comments:

Jadie said...

So, this is from last year, right?!!

I heart collages, btw.

Jadie said...

Oh, okay...I guess I commented bef. you were done posting!

Katie said...

your girls are precious. and those cookies made my mouth water!!!! merry christmas to you guys! p.s. email me your mailing address so i can send you your christmas card :) katiehbeall@yahoo.com

mjs said...

So sweet! Merry Christmas!

heidi said...

my kids are spoiled better than they behave too. shower time is dreadful time at our house. and walmart and church and everywhere else. and it's mostly scarlett. she's naughty and loves it.
and how old are you? you remember metal lunchboxes? did you used to watch the "talkies" too? haha.

WesnKim-sidebyside said...

Yes,they are good! (and we get a tickle" out of them being naughty!)

You melt our hearts.

We LOVE you all so much.