Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Best Week EVER!! ~ Christmas 2009

The Week of Christmas was a very BUSY week for us, as I am sure it was for everyone else! We did a ton of things so I am gonna try to condense it all in this post. being a parent it was really hard to only pick a couple of pictures to share, there are still a lot, but "condensed"! LOL!

Monday night we went down to the square in Fayetteville to look at all the Christmas lights. They do it up right in Fayetteville, PLUS they were very environmentally friendly as all the lights were LED! :) They also had Santa and real reindeer, carriage rides, pony rides, and camel rides.

Here is Audrey looking at all the lights in AWE!


Grandma and Grandpa with the Girls


It was quite cold out so we didn't ride all the rides, but we knew we had to take the girls on the "Princess" carriage! Nora totally loved it...of course!


And were off..Happily Ever After!


Grandpa took a shot as the photographer...Isn't he a natural?? Such cute shots and it isn't even of wood or glass buildings (LOL, inside family joke).


After our carriage ride we went and saw Santa. I don't have a picture to share b/c you couldn't take your own pics and we didn't want to pay for the picture either..I know, bah humbug!! ;) Anyway, we went for some Hot Cocoa to warm up and Audrey was so cute sucking down her "hot" cocoa that I had to take a picture, I of course had to take a picture of big sister, but THEN, Grandpa took the cake with his cuteness so I had to snap one of him too!! :) LOL!


So, after all was said and done we finally decided to take a picture of our family. Of course we waited until the kids were nice and crabby so this was the best pic we got!


Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty much a blur as were were trying to get all of our last minute gifts. Which, don't you think it's a joke to even start Christmas Shopping early?!?! b/c the last minute Christmas shopping is just gonna suck you in and your gonna end up spending about double what you intended. Does anyone else have this experience yearly too???

Anyway, Thursday afternoon Grandma and I took Nora ice skating. I took my Dad's camera so I don't have pics right now. But Christmas Eve night we had our traditional Rib dinner (our family started it when we lived in Alabama b/c it was nice enough to grill out on Christmas Eve. We now bake them for hours and they are delicious!!!). The girls then opened up their Christmas pajamas and then Grandma read them "Twas the night before Christmas". Nora really enjoyed that.

Grandma really kept them captivated!


I loved the look on Nora's face here...


We set out cookies and milk for Santa!


Thanks to my last minute Christmas Shopping splurge and Grandma and Grandpa, the girls had a very NICE Christmas!!!! Spoiled, I mean, Lucky little girls!


They went to sleep and then it started snowing. We all woke up to a White Christmas!!! I could bore you with TONS of pictures of the girls opening their gifts, but I won't...you can thank me later! :)

This little puppy was one of their favs. It was really for Nora, but they seem to share it wonderfully. It had a little remote to the dog collar that makes it bark and walk.


This was the BEST funny gift of the morning. My sister sent it too me. Let me explain.... last April my sister and her family and my parents were in town on their way to Alabama. We decided to have Audrey's B-day party while they were here. I had the house all perfectly clean and everything was in its place for all the guest to arrive. Then my Dad takes a shower and uses on of my decorative towels as his towel to dry off. It totally sent me over the edge. Yes, admittedly, I overreacted. But come on...If YOU just spent ALL that time making sure everything was perfect, it might have upset you a little too. ;) Even my hubby gave me a hard time about it... when I tried to complain to him he said, " I'm actually a little embarrassed for you right now" My sister ATE that up...It will be a story told for years to come. Anyway, that is the story of my "decorative towel"!! It actually cracked me up and it is hanging up in my guest bathroom RIGHT NOW. I think I may stay there for a while too. I really think its WAY funny!!!


Nora's Big gift of Christmas 09. Her own little bike! she l-O-V-E-D it!!! It was actually really cold and snowy out so she just rode it in circles around the house all day. With every loop she said, " Wow! look at me Mamma" (Daddy, or Grandma or Grandpa) whoever was sitting there at the time!! That's will be a fun little memory! :)


Audrey's Big gift was her own little bed. I scored a HUGE deal on matching bedding and shams from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. That was my "DEAL" of Christmas 2009!! :) She loved it and slept with no fussing at all that night. She probably is a little young, but she has been crawling into Nora's bed almost every night and she would thow a HUGE fit when you put her in her Crib. Se we went with it and she truly couldn't be happier!!!


Later that afternoon we went sledding at a nearby park. The snow had actually melted a little but we were still able to sled. The girls totally had fun. We didn't stay out that long at all b/c the wind made it unbearable to be outside. I am not even joking...My hubby is from Colorado and he admitted is was FREEZING. My parents who lived in Minnesota for years and then recently moved from Utah even said it was toooo cold. Seriously, the wind was BAD!!! :) But again...made for GREAT memories!!

The End!! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Nicole, love all of those bundled up pics on the square! So cute. Your girls are beautiful.

GOD put you in my life at the perfect time before Reese was born I am convinced. You have such a sweet and tender heart.

Ginger said...

I LOVE the towel! That is quite funny! Great pics! The girls are so cute! I love that bedding you got! Miss you!