During Valentines day weekend we were lucky enough to be able to enjoy a Mardi Gras Parade in Fayetteville...I just love Fayetteville, by the way!! I see bumper stickers around town that say, "Keep Fayetteville Funky" and I love them. Fayetteville is funky, it's a true college town yet VERY family friendly!! But I digress...Luckily we had the parade on a beautiful Saturday it was almost 50 degrees which was like a HEAT WAVE compared to the weather we've had the past month or so.
The parade started out with this lovely lady giving the girls necklaces and candy. They were set after that. We could have turned around and gone home at that point. Jewelry and Candy...are they ways to my kids hearts! LOL! ;)
They also had a Huge King cake that there for everyone. To even keep with tradition (what that tradition is, I'm not sure) but there was a little baby toy somewhere in the mile of king cake, but alas, we did not find it to get the prize...boooooooo!
It was really yummy!
During the parade I had to teach the girls how to get beads. Audrey didn't too much care, but Nora got into it a little! Audrey and I scored this bag of beads!
At the very end, the last float threw us this awesome necklace!!! forget pulling up your top for beads (not that I would ever do that)...holding a baby on one hip and a jumping 4 year old at your legs is the way to get attention!!!. The Lady throwing this bead saw us and looked straight at us and then threw them to us. Nora was so excited, or maybe it was just me...hmmm can't remember. But look how big and pretty they are!! Why are beads so exciting??? It reminds me of the time I went to Mardi Gras in Mobile, AL. Moon pies were JUST as exciting too!!! yay, us!!!
The Girls finally shared their beads with mommy...Nora has gotten the sharing thing down pat, not so much Audrey yet! ;)
That night Wade took the girls out for ice cream on a daddy-daughter date. We started a new tradition this year. We figure that since our anniversary is the week before Valentines that we would take our kids out for V-day. Wade will take the girls out and should we EVER have a boy, I will take him out. Hopefully this tradition will stick. Wade gave these valentines to the girls on their ice cream date!!
Also for Valentines day we gave some "HEART ATTACKS" Here is the heart attack we gave to our Bishop at Church. We also did it with another family/friends of ours. Audrey and Nora (and I) also gave a "heart Attack" the the Athletic Club I work P/T at. We decorated the owners door they same way. I think he really got a kick out of it! I forgot to take pics of that one...sorry!
1 comment:
What a fun weekend! And what a cute tradition for Wade to take the girls on a date! I might have to steal it! ;)
Post a Comment