Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010 in Pictures

So this was a busy Easter!!! We had all the regular Easter fun activities along with General Conference and Audrey's B-day. Admittedly I was kind of bummbed out when I found out that General Conference (A worldwide Televised Broadcast from Salt Lake to hear messages from church leaders) fell on Easter Sunday this year b/c then the girls weren't going to be able to wear their Easter dresses. But in actuality, it was GREAT!! Sunday was low key no rushing to church, just tuned on our TV and there was our Modern Day Prophet and his Apostles testifying of Christ on a Beautiful Easter Day! Their messages were GREAT! Did anyone have a dry eye after President Monson's talk from the first session? Ya know...the one with the story of Jason...I think that was his name. I am almost brought to tears just thinking about that story. But, I digress, so Easter Sunday was great with those messages so you'll just have to stay tuned for the girls Easter dresses!

Audrey's B-day also fell on Easter so we were able to celebrate two wonderful years with Audrey in our lives. She is full of Joy and life. That little girl has sure added a little spice to our lives! ;)

So here is the weekend in Pictures...


Audrey and Nora looking getting their candy out of the eggs on Saturdays Egg hunt!

I just thought this was a cute pic...

Me and the girls!

Audrey decorating eggs...she didn't grasp well to the idea of gently putting the egg in the dye! ;)

The girls with their eggs!

Their Easter Baskets ready for them in the AM!

Audrey SO excited to get into her candy...I mean Easter basket!

Bunny Ears!!!

Nora collecting almost ALL the eggs on their hunt in the backyard!

Poor Audrey had a slow start. She had to throw a temper first!

Getting all their candy out of the eggs...again! Luckily for Audrey, Nora shared!

Cupcakes and goodies for Audrey's B-day. We didn't have a party, but we did drive around that afternoon and took the goodies to some friends...so that was fun!

Ready to EAT!!!

Nora helped her sister open her gifts!

The Birthday Girl!!!

I've gotta give thanks to Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wes for their wonderful Easter package and B-day gift for Audrey. They are ALWAYS SO thoughtful with EVERY Holiday and Birthday...I don't know how they keep on top of it all! :) The same goes to MeeMaw and Peepaw, Mrs. Heather, and Mrs. Christy for the easter goodies and B-day gift to Audrey too. The dresses they were wearing Easter afternoon were from them. To my Mom and Dad, we look forward to your package in the mail. NO, that's not me being sarcastic...it's just the way we "Schafers" do things. Good luck to ever get a birthday gift on time. You're lucky to get a call on your B-day. I wouldn't expect anything less from Mom and Dad and I love it that way. LOL!! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I must have a dress just like the one Audrey is wearing on Sunday morning. It is gorgeous! Think I can find it in my size ;)

heidi said...

thanks for the sweet testimony in the first paragraph. it gave me chills.
you. are. the. best.

The Grays: said...

Oh I just love these pictures! And, I agree with Katherine, I want a dress like that too...

Scates Family said...

What a great Easter weekend. I can't believe she is two! Time has flown right bye.