Yep...sorry grandparents and children enthusiasts..this post is all about me. See I don't usually like to complain (unless your my hubby, of course), but as of late I really feel like it!! :) Maybe I'm just heartless, but I don't really think everyone wants to know about every bad day I have just as I don't really need to know about every bad day of yours. I do however, like to hear about your bad days if you really need to vent, or if it is really bad, or if you just need some help. It's the trivial things annoy me...that's why Facebook and I don't get along sometimes! :)Maybe it's because I'm a fixer and I feel a little helpless if I can't help you out with your problem. When I think about it I really am not the BEST listener...it's b/c I can only listen so long without trying to help!! And most people don't want help, they just want to vent. It's a lesson I am slowing learning in life!! :)
Anyway, I'm gonna be honest...this has been a HARD pregnancy so far. I mean, it's just been one thing after another. First it started with the normal "ickyness" of pregnancy. I really can't complain about that b/c we all go through it, I just had to pay my dues. But just as I started to feel a little better, BAM, I get a kidney stone. That began over the mothers day weekend which started out feeling like a UTI and then slowly progressed to the equivalency of being stabbed in my lower abdomen. good news was pain killers, bad news was throwing up all night as it made me nauseous. I wouldn't even know which I would choose if I had to: extreme pain or vomiting. After feeling so nauseous the next day, I almost preferred the pain. Anyway, it all passed (and I mean that literally...lol) only to find in the next couple days I had a bladder infection, probably from passing the stone. What's really hilarious (or not so much) is that my Dr. told me it was a rare bacteria that caused it. Not your typical bladder infection....YAY me!
Last week I really started feeling better except for the major nauseousness I battle at night (what is that about?) Good news is I can go to sleep! So I was feeling great and then BAM AGAIN, I got a HORRIBLE headache last Sunday...It lasted 2 days. So Tuesday I was feeling pretty good and now I have a pretty bad sinus infection!!! What the HECK!!!!
So basically I am pretty much WAY over the drama my body is putting me through!! My hubby has been great, but ladies out there, you know how it is...Men just don't get it! Today he said, " this pregnancy has really given you are hard time hasn't it" THANK YOU!!! Just hearing that coming out my my man's mouth made me happy. I don't know why...but I think you other mothers out there probably get it! :)
So needless to say..I know I am gonna get through this, time just needs to hurry UP!!!! This child should know how much it is loved and wanted to CHOOSE to go through this a THIRD time. Sometimes I think I was drugged when we decided this was a good idea! :) Just teasing! All I know is that this child better grow up to cure cancer or be the future leader of the Free world to make up for all I went through! haha!!!
So enough about me! I have a lot to blog about in the future...Nora's preschool hoe down, the wilderness safari, and swim time!! :) Thanks goodness summer is here!!
7 comments:
Welcome to pregnancy over 30..YES I went there, but you know I love you. Wes is so attentive (sometimes TOO attentive), so hopefully some of that rubbed off on Wade...
Hang in there and Oh yeah, not to complain, but this is OUR grandchild you are "complaining about" LOL! jk!
Love ya tons and more.
Kim and Wes
I love you, Nicole! I think it's refreshing to hear the truth...not everything is peachy all the time, and that's life! That's my beef with facebook. People mostly share their happy moments of the day. You're the BEST, and this baby will be amazing, I'm sure! You've earned an angel!!! :>
Lisa
Yuck! I have to agree with you that pregnancy sucks and I don't think I enjoyed many days the past 9 months, now recovering from a c-section sucks....but I do see the end in sight! Good luck... I really feel for you at this point!
Hang in there girl! I lost 15 pounds in my first trimester... remember, I suffered through a stomach virus.. can't compare it to a kidney stone, but I was extremely ill for about 3 days! It did make me feel better when I asked Theron if he wanted to carry Fiona for me for a couple of days and he said sure, whatever makes me happy!
i think you deserve a david yurman ring. google it.
LOVE your honesty! Pregnancy is not all roses...You are my role model in everything mommyhood! Sorry it's been hard and you definitely deserve an angel in this baby...Hang in there!
I'm dying!! My second pregnant (at 32) was actually perfect. I'm scared to shoot for another. I've already survived two, one with a delivery from $ell. I almost peed on myself (a result from delivery #1) when I read that you wondered if you were drugged when you decided this was a good idea! I wish I was near you and I'd help take care of you and your girls. :o( I TOLD you ya'll should have picked Atlanta when we all got (kicked) out. But, nooooo. Sending love and hugs your way.
Post a Comment