I must admit, for turning 32, it wasn't a bad b-day at ALL! I felt like it was going to be a bummer, b/c let's face it, there's just nothing interesting of fun about 32. I'm just getting older! But, I have the BEST family so I guess that makes up for getting older. Might as well grow older with a great hubby and some pretty cool kiddos, right?
I actually celebrated my B-day over the WHOLE weekend. It started Friday morning. Wade and the girls woke me up with breakfast in bed (he had work off). It was really cute seeing those little girls walk in with heart shaped pancakes and OJ. THen they brought me a homemade card.
Isn't is cute? I guess it's a card that only a mother could love, LOL!
(Front)
Inside was a SPA day!! 3.5 hours PLUS lunch...THAT day! They are the greatest! I enjoyed every minute of it. Heck, I just enjoyed waiting in the lobby all by myself. ;)
That evening after dinner the girls and Wade made me a strawberry cake. Wade is so good at letting the girls help in the kitchen. I'm a bit of a control freak, but I am learning!
Their final product...well, with a piece or two missing!
I was pretty spoiled the whole weekend after that. Wade pretty much kept the girls and did all the cooking, cleaning, EVEN laundry. Sweet guy, he was trying to give me a bit of a break since this pregnancy has been so HARD this time around (I know, cry me a river, right?)
Monday was Labor Day and we ALL woke up really early and headed for "Run for a Child". It's a 1 mile/5k/10k in which all the proceeds go to the NW Arkansas children's shelter. This is my third year in it and I usually run with a group of women, "The SOLE Sisters" with our pink t-shirts and all. This year I played it low key (for obvious reasons) and Wade and the girls joined me for the family 1 mile run/walk. We had tons of fun!!
The whole fam before the race(s) started. Don't you just love that Wade wore that shirt?? It says, "Sole sister LOVER" haha! There was only one other guy that ran and his shirt said, "Sole sister supporter". My man is SUCH a good sport...LOVE HIM!! :)
Me and my "lil' Sole Sisters"! Seriously, that is what their shirts said. SO CUTE!!
Nora and Wade stretching. I was actually shocked at how excited about the race Nora was. She ran and ran! They stopped a little here and there, but once she rested she always started running again!
Nora crossing the finish line.
Audrey was in our running stroller for most of the mile, but at the end she wanted to get out and run with her sister. Her and her dad crossing the finish line!
Lil' sole sisters and their awards!
After the races and a little rest we went to a pool party. There a friend of mine surprised me with a little cake she bought! I didn't even know she knew it was a B-day!! Such a fun surprise!
Then we went home and relaxed and had a pizza/movie night! It was REALLY a GREAT b-day! I guess I've reached that stage in my life where just being with my family is party enough for me! :)
4 comments:
That sounds like a WONDERFUL birthday! I'm so glad!! Nothing better than just being spoiled rotten on your birthday--you deserve it! :> Happy Belated Birthday, Nicole! Love you!!!
Lisa
awesome birthday! so glad it was special :)
Wait, didn't you JUST turn 30?!! A few months before I turned 40?
So, if YOU are getting older, that means...(not going to go there!!)
Have to say that I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the shirts! And Wade's shirt? Priceless!!
Happy Birthday, Nicole! To one, in my mind, who's eternally young!
What day is your birthday?! I think you and Jonathan are super close. Also..love the shirts! Wade is a great guy! Miss you all!
Post a Comment