So for the Fourth of July we planned a trip to Colorado. And by "planned" I mean made travel arrangements during the drive there. Gotta love technology! :) Wade comes from a very LARGE family. He is the oldest of 10 kids and also has 7 step-brothers and sisters! So all in all his father and step mom have 17 kids. WOW! When he left home his baby sister, Emma, was just a baby. Holly is the youngest of all the kids. Nora loves to play with her, but thinks she's her cousin...not her Aunt...LOL! :)
Yes, we are a GREAT BIG Happy combined family! The family has been through a lot over the years, but we are all better people for it. I consider our kids LUCKY that they have so many grandparents and so many Aunts and Uncle's that love them! Anyway, Wade's sister planned a little reunion for the siblings over fourth of July weekend. Since there are so many and some so far, it's rare that ALL the kids that grew up together, ever get to see each other. HECK, Wade is just building relationships with the youngest ones since they were so young once he left home!
It was nothing over the top. We met up in Colorado got a couple hotel rooms and Hung out. Emma did bring some old home video's. Those were a LOT of fun to watch. Have you ever seen a video of your spouse around age 11. HILARIOUS! All I have to say is that he should consider himself LUCKY to have snagged me! haha! Just kidding...no, not really! lol!
Then we had a BBQ over at his sister's house and then went to Downtown Denver to watch the fireworks. Which I have to say...Not impressed! Sorry...Montgomery, AL and even NW Arkansas totally showed you up in the fireworks Dept. Maybe you can try again next year! :)
Here's the FAM! Of course it's the first! What can I say? Really, what can I say?!?!
Brothers and Sisters. Missing Robert and his family and Andrew, that was a total bummer. But, life happens!
The hammock was popular. Especially with Nora and Audrey!
Elise got a kick out of the pinwheels!
Nora and Audrey got along...most of the time!
We took the light rail into downtown Denver. Yes, I was a total tourist and had to get a picture on the light rail! :)
Picture I took downtown. I thought it was cool!
Some of the gang about to watch the fireworks!
And the girls LOVED them...shocker!!
Oh, and wade climbed a tree! Such the extreme sportman!!
And as a bonus, I got to meet up with my friends Jason and Larri Kay for ice cream in Denver. I grew up with these guy. LK and I were cheerios together (no, that's not what we were called, just a little throwback to GLEE) and YES, I had to go there. I was once cool! Another reason my hubby should be glad he snagged me. haha!


No comments:
Post a Comment