Friday, July 8, 2011

A little bit of THIS and a little bit of THAT

So as soon as I got home from California, we were home for about 5 days then off to Denver for the 4th of July.  I am VERY behind on editing photo sessions for my BIZ, in the middle of a Move to Augusta, GA, and just dealing with a drama queen 5 year old, super stubborn 3 year old, and a perfect angel (unless she's hungry) of a baby!  No, Elise is not my favorite...she just doesn't speak yet and therefore doesn't cause trouble like her sisters...LOL! :)  Anyway, needless to say, I've been SUPER busy!  I am VERY overwhelmed, but I wanted to go ahead a blog a little more about  my cali trip just to get the over and done with and off my to-do list!

So WARNING...this post is a little picture heavy.  But I'll keep the captions quick and to the point.  Unless I ramble to make a point or just to be humorous.  If that's the case, just humor me, or just look at the pics...haha! :)  Here we goooooo.....whoop there it is!!!  

We had some wii "just dance 2" parties.  We had a lot of fun with those.  And Grandma actually showed us all up when she did it!!  Crazy!

Shelley and I made the BEST chocolate sheet cake EVER!!  Don't think we just made it once, try THREE times.  Once for my dad's bday.  Twice for a made-up celebration of Elise's 6 month bday (Made-up just for the cake, that is).  And THIRD for a church activity.  SOOOOOOO good! :) 

The afore mentioned 6 mo. birthday!  And the infamous sheet cake!  So beautiful!! OH!  The baby that is...yeah, we'll go with that! :)

We pretty much tore up anything sweet in the house...In true Schafer fashion! :)

We were there for Fathers day!  We gave these to my bother-in-law and Dad!  Aren't they cute!  I downloaded them from some uber creative blogger's blog.  Can't remember which one...oh well!

Grandpa bonded with Elise through cookie dough.  Isn't she CUTE?! :) Take a gander at her face.  Teh NERVE of Grandpa!!!

That's more like it!


Then we went to FUNDERLAND!  The cutest little amusement park in Sacramento that is just for little kids.  It was only 100 degrees that day.  So we pretty much had the park to ourselves.  What can we say, we are glutens for punishment!

They LOVED this ride.  They rode it over and over again!



Audrey wasn't big enough to ride by herself and Nora and Hayden wanted to ride together, so guess who got to SQUEEZE into that tiny little roller coater?  ME!!!

It doesn't look hot out does it?  This was a favorite ride too!

Me and my Bab-AY!!

They had a lot of fun with this ride.  It would spin forward and then backwards REALLY fast.  Poor Hayden got totally smushed!

Poor hot little baby!  Aunt Shelley took good care of her!

So, Almost once a day someone asked us if we were twins?  That's so wrong...I mean, my sister is SEVEN years older than me...Whatever!

We then went for ice cream.  I started snapping a million pics of the kids eating ice cream so then Grandpa started posing.  I guess he felt left out!  Never a dull moment with my family! ;)  

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!

Hayden was so sweet, he wanted to share with Elise.  Sorry for the sideways pics.  I'll fix it later...

They loved the bar stools. but of course they had to fuss over sharing!  Sharing?  What's that??

We went outside while grandpa paid and when he turned the corner Audrey spotted him and ran to him. it was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!

The end!  Whew!

5 comments:

Christi said...

My "Audrey" has the same dress as your "Audrey". Too precious.

Christi

Erin said...

That last picture is adorable!

The May family said...

I always love your pictures! Good luck on your move. Let me know if you make it to Montgomery for a visit. :-)

heidi said...

i forget sometimes how pretty you are. thomas and i went to dinner last week and at the same time we said, "our server is nicole's twin!" but even she wasn't as pretty as you.
i can't wait for you to move to augusta. i've been wanting to visit! it's a mere 2 hours from here! prepare for visitors! annoying ones too.

Amber T said...

So in love with that last photo of Audrey running to her grandpa! You can just see the joy on his face!