Saturday, August 13, 2011

One word ~ ELVIS!!!!!

On our drive to Augusta we planned to stop by Elvis' "Graceland"!  Wade and I were actually REALLY excited to see it!  I guess we're dorks that way.  We even booked a room at the Heartbreak Hotel!  Fun times!!  It was a nice stop and WAY more packed then I expected it to be.  Nora was quite confused as to why this strange man's picture was all over the place.  Honestly, It kind of annoyed her too...sooooo Noraesque...LOL!  She eventually caught on and embraced it.  Ahhhhh sweet brainwashing!!  Honestly, it made me want to start listening to him more.  I even bought a t-shirt, which I will probably never wear.  But you're supposed to be wasteful with your money when you're at a tourist trap...right?

Now for some pictures and a few little known Elvis tid bits for ya...


In the Heartbreak Hotel Lobby!  


The phone we called to have the pink cadi limo pick us up for dinner.  Apparently Elvis rode in cadillac limo's with 2 body guards in the front and one next to him.  And the pink is representation of the pink Cadi he gave his mother. 


Who, who, whose Cadi? Who, who, whose Cadi? Who, who, whose Cadillac is that?  Yo, It's mine!! :) 


GRACELAND!!

Ya know, It really wasn't as gaudy as I expected.  I mean, I wouldn't decorate it that way, but it was the era.  This is the main living room.

His parent's room.  it came complete with a purple bathroom.

This was his lounge area in the basement.  LOVE the yellow.  Totally "in" these days.  Well maybe not combined with the clouds and lightening streak.  Which, by the way, stand for taking care of business in a FLASH!!  Kind of cheesy, huh?  But that was his personal motto!!

So, I would totally have to remind myself that He lived there in the 60's.  Just the average Joe schmoe has a house and a pool about as big as his these days.  If not AS big, pretty close considering that he was the KING of pop and set and broke multiple records in the music industry.  Exhibit A.  Lisa Marie's swing set.  REALLY?  You can buy one at Lowes WAY nicer than that.  But it was the 60's, over 50 years ago!!!!  I had to keep reminding myself that!!


His grave site.  Buried next to his parents and his grandmother.


Us in front of Graceland.  What I've learned from this picture is to NEVER have my picture taken again until I lose about 15 more pounds of baby weight!!  GEEZE!! :)

3 comments:

AT THE LOVE SHACK said...

Looks fun! Colby is actually related to Elvis on his dad's side. Everything about Graceland is really well kept. Thanks for posting :)

mjs said...

hush! you look great :)

gapeach said...

I would totally get into that trip, too! And, PA-lease...you look amazing! I have like 50 pounds to lose before I'll let another picture be taken of me!! And I'm making zero progress of that lately!! HA HA! :>

Lisa