Tuesday, August 16, 2011

School Daze!!

Both Nora and Audrey have started school!!  Yay!  Well, Nora started Kindergarten and Audrey started 3K.  Audrey only goes 3 days a week until 1:30 and Nora goes ALL day! :)  I'm not gonna lie, It's wonderful!  I've paid my dues though, Audrey and Nora have pretty much fought since the day Audrey was born!!  They totally love each other, but sibling rivalry runs deep between those two.  Also, it get's me up and going.  It'll be 9:30 and I'm pretty much done with "my list".  I'm sure the novelty will wear off for all of us!! :)

Nora started last Monday and seems to enjoy it.  She loves making friends, riding the bus, and eating in the cafeteria.  We've agreed she will eat cafeteria food 2 times a week and bring a lunch the other 3...lol! She's not too keen on sitting still and not doing whatever she wants to do.  Those RULES just get in the way, don't they?  But, she is getting better and she is trying REALLY hard.  She has her first spelling test EVER next monday on her sight words.  They are: THE and A.  Super hard, right?  Well, they are to her.  She has already said, "Kindergarten in SOOOOO hard"  In her BEST whiny voice.  It literally made me LOL!! :)


Nora looking a little anxious before school!

Showing off her lunch box and watch.  She just had to have THAT lunchbox and A watch.  Not that she can tell time or anything...LOL! :)

The "Big Girl" Backpack.  Got this 1/2 off!!!  LOVE a good deal.  I guess it's from LAST years line.  Does anyone really care about that?  Really?

One last picture before we go to school!  Audrey was a little upset she couldn't stay at school with Nora. Audrey wants to DO everything Nora does!  

Nora sitting at her desk.  Her class is known as "The Ducks"!

 Getting off the school bus.  We are super lucky b/c the school bus drops her off right in front of our house.  She loves it and runs off the bus everyday!  It makes me happy that she is so excited to see me! :)


Now Audrey!!

She started school this Monday!  She was VERY excited to finally be able to go!

I bought this backpack last year for Audrey.  But, I finally got it Monogrammed for her this year. Yeah, I did it on purpose so Nora's could be passed down...smart right?  Elise has Nora's old one and now it's monogramed with her name too.  Not that she needs it for anything.   Preschool and/or Mom's day out don't allow babies until they are about 15 month old...LAME!

This is my Audrey!  Tricks me into thinking she's gonna look at the camera, everytime!!

Sisterly LOVE!!  My sweet Nora is so skinny.  Those are her sisters sz 3T skinny jeans.  I bought her some in 5T but they kept falling off.  I tried over an dover to pin them that morning and I just couldn't get them tight enough.  So I said, "FORGET it!!"  And her sister's fit perfectly.  I think she totally pulls of the skinny jean capri!!


All together AGAIN!!  This time Elise is standing.  The last couple days she has put her feet down when I go to sit her on the floor.  She doesn't want to sit, she wants to stand!!

Audrey in front of her classroom door!  Her class is known as "The Frogs"...clearly!! :)


I just thought this was a cute picture of some of the kids backpacks!!  


So all in all It's been a great week!!  I have a lil' duck and a lil' frog in school and plenty of time to spend with my lil' (but not for long) Baby!! 



2 comments:

Katie said...

what gorgeous girls! they are so so beautiful. and i can't believe elise's eyes. wow! you are blessed.

gapeach said...

Just too cute, Nicole!! I love the start of a new school year--and your girls are lookin' the part with their cute backpacks and outfits...oh, and watches!! HA HA! I took Ashby to joyschool today, and she said, "mommy, I NEED my backpack!" So cracked me up!

Lisa