So, I've had some requests to post pictures of our new home!! We'll it ours for about a year or so anyway. As soon as I found out we were PROBABLY moving to Augusta I asked the Facebook nation if anybody knew anyone in Augusta. My friend, Christina, said her in-laws have a house there they are trying to sell. Well, we didn't want to buy a house since we aren't expecting to stay here permanently, but she asked and they were willing to rent to us. So everything just fell into place!! It's one of the many reasons I knew this was the right move for us!
And for the record, our landlords are the NICEST people!! It's kind of weird getting into the rental mode when you've been an owner for so many years AND are landlords yourself! But, we are GRATEFUL to have found this house. We LOVE it and the little community we live in!!
The Outside
The Great Room. I clearly need to hang something on the walls! I need to order some new family pics and then I'll get on that! :) Wade is pretty much in LOVE with the surround sound. He never got around to installing it in our other house. Had all the equipment though so it worked out PERFECT!
The master suite. It's HUGE!! We've actually been spending most of our time in here. Which is a little ridiculous since we now have a HUGE playroom above the garage. But, I'm usually in here editing or doing something on the computer. And I guess my girls just like to be around me. I guess there are worse things in life then to have your children love you and want to be near you ALL the time...LOL! :)
The sitting area in the master has a little nook that I have allowed to be the "man cave". Wade had to give up his "man cave" in our last house. So when I saw this little nook complete with a desk and chair the owners left behind, I thought I would give him his own little space. It's actually worked out great since he is in training here in Augusta and has a LOT of studying to do!
Now you see it...
Now you don't!!! I just love that!! haha! Here's the "sitting area". It's so funny how you will use spaces b/c they are there. At first I thought this would be a wasted area, but I sit in that chair a lot lately so it works!!
A hallway. Oh wait, and a BABY!! The owners left behind that baby too. I'll have to ask them where they got it! ;) I love how much natural sunlight this house lets in. I guess it the photographer in me!!
The Dining room! Again, LOVE the light! They actually left the dining room furniture behind for us to use. Aren't they the nicest? It worked for us, b/c we outgrew our kitchen table and are now using our old dining room table in the kitchen.
Kitchen. I LOVE the wood floors in the kitchen! LOVE THEM! :)
Kitchenette. AKA old dining room furniture...LOL!
Now since we are renting, I'm extra paranoid my kids are gonna mess this place up!! I consider myself pretty clean (well, maybe a little OCD), but kids will be kids!! SO what do you think? Are these curtains gonna survive?
I usually don't encourage this behavior, but they were being really cute so I had to snap a few shots.
It's so fun to watch their relationship grow while it's just them now that Nora is at school all day.
They actually get along pretty well!
Elise was laughing Hysterically during this picture!!
It's safe to say that life is treating us good here in Augusta! :)
I also wanted to post pictures of our house because it's fun to look back and see the places we lived. Here is the blog post of our Arkansas house when we first moved there. It's kind of funny b/c we just had 1 child then and our house was sure FULL by the time we moved. And it's fun to see how my decorating style changes and/or stayed the same over all the years. Anyway, just thought it was fun to post a flashback!
6 comments:
Nicole-I love this house! I love how open it is and how much room you have! Glad everything is working out well!
looks like a great place to live, glad things worked out well for you!
gorgeous! i love it when a plan comes together(the A team)!
Wonderful house Nicole! Congrats on the move and the awesome house! Glad to see you all are doing good!! :)
LOVE the house, Nicole! I can't wait to see it in person...hopefully in a week, or so! :> Love your photos of the kids, too. You're a natural with that camera! Love ya!
Lisa
girl, you are superwoman! you moved across the country (kind of) with 3 children and i didn't even realize this had already happened! plus your house is already totally put together! bravo! where are you guys going after augusta?
Post a Comment