I thought I would share this easy recipe with you guys out there b/c it SUPER easy and my kids LOVE it! I mean really love it! Basically, this is one of the FEW meals that will make them go back for more. Oh, and did I mentioned it's easy an takes almost NO preparation? I usually make this when I just don't feel like cooking but, yet, I just need to. OR, I planned a really great dinner, but forgot to defrost the meat. Ya feelin' me on that? Great!
I've also mentioned this recipe to quite a few friends and they all wanted it, but I'm not sure I ever gave them the recipe. Oh well...so here it is...
Creamed eggs on TOAST
Hard boiled eggs. I usually boil at least 1 egg per family member.
3 tbs flour
3tbs butter
2 cups milk
toast
*these measurements will feed a family of 4 really well. I'm starting to add more of everything since my baby is eating table food. And BOY does she have an appetite!
boil the eggs.
then, Crack and peel the eggs
chop up the eggs
combine butter and eggs in a saucepan. I actually added an extra tbs here of flour and butter because, well, my family is growing!!
melt together until they form a paste
Add milk and stir until creamy over med/high heat. You may start to think it won't get creamy, but I promise, it will!! Just takes a little time.
Once creamy, pour in chopped eggs and stir together...reduce heat.
Toast your bread and spread with butter. I guess you don't need to do that, but let's be honest, butter makes EVERYTHING better!
And Voila!!!!
I usually add a colorful vegetable since the meal itself is pretty bland in terms of color. This night I chose beets. Funny how I HATED beets when I was little but LOVE them now! Maybe I crave the iron. LOL!
On a side note, I FINALLY figured out the whole BREAD thing! Thanks to my friend, Jessica. She emailed an easy bread recipe and it CHANGED everything!!! If you want it, let me know and I'll email it to you. Anyway, this is my bread!!! Doesn't it look good?
2 comments:
We make this all the time, I grew up eating it, good stuff. I am with you on the beets. funny how our tastes change?
You are aware we ate this as kids right? I may have to make this for nostalgia sake!
Post a Comment