Last time my parents were with us for NYE, Wade and I went out on the town and we didn't even get home till the next day. Yeah, we're party animals like that. haha! :) Anyways, we decided to stay at home this year and ring in the new year with the kiddos and the grandparents. Thanks to a couple blogs I follow and pintrest, I found some fun ideas to do with the girls.
I hung up some girlie balloons and used it as a countdown. We were supposed to bust one balloon each hour to see the activity inside, but we pretty much did it one right after the other instead. We got a late start AND we had a faux new years at about 9:30. I don't think the girls were none-the-wiser! hehe!
While I made the balloon countdown, Nora made us a New Years banner!
I love her creative little mind.
The first ballon activity was to fill out the time capsule worksheet.
One of the last questions was, "I will always remember"... Audrey's answer was, "Nora". I thought that was adorable.
Ay the bottom it asked, "In 2012, I hope to..." Nora wrote, "Make something for Mommy". Again, Sah-weet!!! :) I love those girls!
The next balloon activity was paint nails. I found some awesome hot pink glitter and crackle nail polish I knew the girls would LOVE! They wanted to do pedicures, but we had to move on to the next balloon, which was...
Make noise makers!!
This was Audrey's decor before we rolled it up.
Nora's final project. That's quite the smilie face, huh? Maybe a little scary.
The gang with their own decorated noise makers, which btw, were filled with skittles.
Next up, party hats!
Audrey may have had a little help with hers. But she decorated it with a touch of red marker, don't you see it? Simple yet tasteful, right?
Nora wrote and decorated hers all my herself. I swear, I can't get over how much that little girl has learned this year. I just love how big her writing is. :)
Now on to confetti. A must-have to ring in the new year!
They were pretty excited to actually be allowed to use the scissors. They just kept cutting and cutting away. Yeah, my girls like to CUT so you better watch out. LOL!
And welcome 2012!!!
All and all I think they had a BLAST NYE. I'm glad we stayed home.
And here's the mess to prove it. Glad we put the blanket down. Made clean up a little easier.
Then we played with sparklers. This was my attempt to take a pic of "2012" written in sparklers. I was really close to getting it (or at least take a couple more pics to photoshop together, hehe) when the fluid in our lighter ran out. I didn't even have a match, our stove tops are glass, and we've lost the car lighters in BOTH cars. I mean, how does that even happen??? I swore we'd try again the next night, but I was over it by then. haha! :)
We put the girls to bed and stayed up till midnight. No cheating and ringing it in with the East coast since we live in the East coast this year! We got our grapes ready for the countdown. Why? Well, it's a little tradition that Wade picked up when he was stationed in portugal. The last 12 seconds before the new year you pop a grape in your mouth for each second. It represents luck in the New Year.
Mappy Mo Meer!! That's how it's said with a mouth full of grapes! :) Also, don't be jealous on my New Year's attire. I know that the "no-makeup, hair pulled back, and tshirt" kind of look is all the rage this year. Sorry if you just couldn't pull it off and had to wear some pretty little cocktail dress instead. Not everyone can be a trend setter, ya know?! :)
PS...you may be wondering what we did with Elise. No, we didn't ignore her all night, she missed her second nap and went to bed early. She pretty much missed the whole event. It was better that way. She would've just cramped our style. Just teasing! :)




















1 comment:
So cute! Happy New Year to you guys :)
Post a Comment