Sunday, January 15, 2012

She's SIX...and I don't mean Blossom's best friend!

Nora turned 6 years old a couple weeks ago.  I CAN'T believe it!!  She is such a big girl!  A total big sister.  I am very proud of the "big girl" she has turned into.  I remember when she was about 2 1/2 or 3 (well, and 4), she was SO difficult!  You know, that's the age where they like to show and prove their independence.  Since she was my oldest, I didn't realize that she would grow out of it.  I was told she would, but didn't believe it.  Kind of the same way that people say the newborn phase will pass and you'll sleep again.  When it's your first you just can't believe it.  

Well, Nora has TOTALLY matured this year.  She is so helpful and kind, she just wants to please me (and Wade)  If it'll make us happy she'll do it.  I've had to learn to be careful not to take advantage of her giving nature.  Yes, I want her to do what I want her too, but not at the expense of her childhood (ya know what I mean?) 

Also, She is always trying to be the "MOM" to her little sisters. I always hear her telling Audrey, "Mom, told us not to, Audrey".  To which Audrey replies, "You're not the boss of me".  I can't help but gigle when that happens, it's like me and my big sister all over again! :)

Back to Nora, "I first realized her new found mature attitude a couple months ago when I asked her to do something for me.  She siad, "Well, I'm doing (something else), but of course, If you really want me to I will. " I seriously couldn't believe my ears.  It's crazy, she is growing up right before my eyes.  

I try to remind myself how Nora was around 3 years old.  It gives me hope that Audrey won't be so frustrating eventually.  But then, there is still Elise!!  And no, I haven't forgotten the fact that I am gonna have teenage girls soon.  I'm gonna hold on to 6 years old as long as I can!

So here's some pics to document her special day:

She woke up to Bday breakfast of pancakes on a special bday plate!  We don't usually have a hot breakfast, but since I'm not doing bday parties this year, I want o make their birthdays as fun as I can.

She even got to drink out of a special glass.

Her Bbay cupcakes we brought to her class during lunch.

Nora passing them out.  She wanted to pass them all out herself.
Nora and her little friend!!  She helped make Nora's day fab by bringing her a bunch of pretty pink roses!!  Isn't that the sweetest?  Nora also had her BF from Arkansas call her.  She LOVED that!! 

Nora's bday cake made by Alecia's cakes and crafts.

She got a couple gifts this year, but nothing big time.  A cute little vest...


Some cool rain boots (which we had to return b/c they were too small.  The sized were l or XL.  How am I to know what sizes fall into L or XL...geeze TARGET!!! :)

Grandma and Grandpa Bolinger sent her a card and stickers.  The card said they donated $$ to St. Jude in her name.  I thought that was so sweet and Nora really took the lack of "giftage" well.  She thought it was very sweet too! :)  What can I say, she's a special little girl.  And, BTW, those stickers are all over her room.  What is it with little girls and stickers??? :)

Before Grandma and Grandpa Schafer left town, they brought her to lunch at Chucky Cheese and Grandma took her shopping.  We actually allowed Nora to go with Mom and I on out special Mother/daughter shopping trip.  I think she REALLY enjoyed being a "big" girl and felt special that her sisters didn't get to go with us! :)

So Happy Birthday my Sweet Nora, We're so lucky to have her in our lives.  Have I mentioned what a special girl she is?? :)


No comments: