Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our Spring Break

This year for Spring Break we went to Pensacola, Fl.  We did something a little different, rather than renting a condo or even a hotel, we opted to go camping.  I'm gonna be honest, camping doesn't really excite me, but my HUBBY and my girls LOVE it, so what's a Mom to do? 

Here's the thing, camping at the beach is SOOOOO much better.  I mean, it's the BEACH!!  Never a dull moment when you're at the beach.  Also, I have a hubby that does EVERYTHING when we camp, so that helps.  He plans and cooks the meals, he has TONS of equipment.  He learned early in our marriage that if I'm gonna go camping he's gonna have to make it as comfy for me as possible! :) And YOu really do spend a LOT more quality time together when there's nothing but you, your family, a tent, and a camp fire.  :)

The first night we were there  we headed for the beach to get some pics of the girls on the beach.  PRICELESS.  As a photographer it is a MILLION times harder to take pics of my own kids, but I think I was able to get some good ones!
 











WE camped at Ft. Pickens Camp ground.  I was GREAT!!  honestly, not the best bathrooms I've seen at a campsite, but everything else was awesome, including friendly neighbors! :)  It was almost a retirement village, haha, but they we all so sweet.  The funny thing was that all the nice RV's had retirees and if there was a tent, you knew it was a young family or a couple camping.  Just found that humurous !:)

Anywho, we toured Ft. Pickens and it was really a cool structure with a lot of history! :)  I, of course, had to take some pics of it and in the process I kind of fell in love with architectural photography.  Kind of fun!! 








We of course spent a LOT of time on the beach, so much so we all returned home with sunburns.  @ weeks later I am STILL shedding some skin.  i guess I have forgotten how strong the sun is on the Gulf of Mexico.




They has so much fun running away from the tide.  I tried it with them for a bit, and I have to admit, it WAS fun!  :)



Maybe they do love each other! :)






2 comments:

KEK said...

Nicole- Love seeing your little family! Miss you lots.

Niko said...

Sounds awesome!

I love this:
"YOu really do spend a LOT more quality time together when there's nothing but you, your family, a tent, and a camp fire. :)"

Beautiful.

Niko