Sunday, July 7, 2013

We need a Hero...

 Hi!  I'd like you to meet one of my brothers-in-law, Jordan!  He is only 25,  in kidney failure, and on dialysis EVERYDAY!!  He needs a new kidney...He needs a donor...


I know, it's scary right?  The thought of being a donor can frighten you, but it can and WILL save a life.  My hubby is 0+, the universal donor, people always want him to give blood!!  While talking with him about Jordan's situation, he said, without a second thought, "I'll get tested, it's just a kidney, I only need one".  You see, as impressed I was with my hubby, I know there area TONS of other people out there just like him.  There are also people out there that maybe a little more timid about organ donation, but would help if they were a matching donor.  I am more timid about it, but I would help If I could.  I am A-, so I'm not a match, and his parents can't help either b/c of different situations.  Which just means we have to find someone, and we can!! :)


What can you do?  First, please share this post with everyone you know, post it on your FB wall, twitter or email it!!  Please just share.  If you are A+ or O+, please contact his parents Wes and Kim Bolinger at wes454@aol.com or join his FB group HERE.  His insurance will pay for testing!!

And most importantly, please keep him in your daily prayers and/or add him to your church prayer rolls.  Prayers are answered! :)

Here's a little snippet of a post, written by his Mom, on his FB group:
"LOTS of reflecting in my heart today.

I have a question? and NO I am not looking for pity or remorse. WE HAVE A CAUSE, we need HELP!

HOW does one Pray that someone will donate a"live" kidney so your son can live and HOW do you pray that someone will donate their dear loved ones "cadaver" kidney?

You can't. I am scared guys! Our sweet Jordan is dying. WHAT a Crappy reality is that! Every day he is on dialysis is one more day that his body is wearing out. I know I have friends on here that that have lost their sweet children without any warning. My heart still breaks for them. NOT a day goes by that your children are not on my mind or even talked about in our home. My heart is breaking for my Jordan. We all pretend that nothing is wrong. All I want to do is make him well, and yet I can't expect someone else to literally save him and in the words of his Dr. As his parents, It is mine and Wes' RESPONSIBILITY to FIND for a KIDNEY for him. NO my Faith in God has not diminished, I am not angry, I am just kinda numb, scared, anxious, thankful we still have him here, nervous, etc. PLEASE SPREAD the WORD. The candidate needs to be HEALTHY, A+ or O+ blood type. Jordan's insurance will pay for all testing and we are checking to see if they will pay for the transplant. SPREAD the word! anyone sincerely interested in getting tested PLEASE private me."

I just wanted to share b/c as a mother, I can feel her pain and I want to help in any way I can.  

Please spread the word and contact them if you can help!!

for more information about living donors, click HERE.

Thanks,
Nicole

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could give him mine, but I only have one good one. I am a donor though. I am praying that the Spirit moves someone to help Jordan.

Carlyn Brooks said...

Don't know if Cade's said anything yet, but I don't know why he wouldn't. We're thinking we'll probably get tested. He ha no idea what his blood type is, but I'm under the impression I'm O+, so with any luck...

Tonya said...

I plan to find out what blood type I am this week. Of course, if I'm the right blood type I'll have to do some research & talk with my family, but personally, I would really like to help. I can't imagine the pain Kim is in. As a mother, it has to be the most heart wrenching thing in the world. God bless you all, Jordan is and will remain in my thoughts & prayers until this is all over.

Nicole said...

WOW!! Thank you so much! You guys are ALL amazing!! :) It seems that our prayers are being answered!! I can't believe the amazing people that God has put in our lives! :)

Deidre said...

Hi!
I can't be a donor because I am also currently on dialysis. Do you do hemo or do it at home? I'm in the beginning stages of the process to get on a donor list. I'm praying for you! Also if you need someone to know exactly what you are going through or have days that if I have to dialysis one more day I'm going to choke someone. Please email me :) Deibry at yahoo.com