Thursday, August 15, 2013

Those Crazy Schafer's | Holland Michigan Family Reunion

Over the summer we had a family reunion in Holland Michigan.   Every 3 years my Dad's side of the family get's together.  It's just my Dad and his brother and their families.  We've always grown up apart as they lived in Ames Iowa and we lived in the south, so it's fun together when we can.

My Dad and his brother are SO funny together, but My Uncle Bob and Aunt Betsy couldn't be there this year, so it was a little different, but just as fun! :)

I didn't bust my camera out much, mainly just my iphone.  These are some pictures I took when we visited a working Windmill there in Holland.  Yeah, there was a bunch of historic stuff I could tell ya, but you know I can't remember all that! :)  


The Windmill!!


The workers there busted out a dance before the tour started!  Good thing it's pretty cool up there or else you would have been BURNING up...look at those wool socks!



The girls performed as well...hahaha!

We all went out one night to the downtown Holland when they had street performers, it was a lot of fun...






Grandpa bought us ice cream...




The last night we were there we were all sitting around talking (as we always do the last night) and I decided we should take some pics of all of us.  The lighting was AWFUL, I'm pretty sure half of us weren't wearing make up, but it had to be done!  Family History is a big deal for our family and we need to document US and not just the event.  So here we are! :)


The cousins

Cousins and their spouses

My Brother and Sister

With our significant others...except my loser sister who left her oldest son and hubby behind...LOL! ;)

Cousin Andrew to the rescue...were they expecting ME to Photoshop Chas in?

All the crazy cousins...


The fighting cousins!  Nicholas and I ALWAYS fought when we were younger.  It was bound to happen, he was a know-it-all and well, I'm not one to shy away from confrontation!  haha!

Mom and Dad

Our Family

The second cousins...



Oh the joys of jumping in a water puddle IN the rain!!!





2 comments:

WindEaze said...

Such a beautiful family, Nicole! Thanks for sharing.

Nicole Bolinger said...

Wendy!! You're always so sweet! Thanks for reading and commenting! :)