A few weekend ago I met up with a few of my friends from the good ole high school days. Some of the girls I've seen quite a bit, and others I had not seen in YEARS...even over a decade. Thanks to Facebook we all found each other and decided to plan a trip. I believe it was a year in the making. I think we tried something last fall, but it just didn't come together. But it was HAPPENING this year!! We were minus one, which made us SAD, but we understand that life sometimes gets in the way! :) I mean, why can't life just chill when something good is planned, it really should know better than to mess with us! :)
We dubbed ourselves the "Original 6" because it was pretty much the same six of us out EVERY weekend together. We'd all pile into ONE car...these were the days before a 3rd row, mind you. One driver (usually Heather or Barbara since they were the first to turn16), two in the passenger seat (usually Libby and Emily because they were the girls that would call it the night before, don't ask me why we thought that was legit or why we honored it...lol), and three in the back (always Alison and I bc we were just cool like that...wink, wink)
We had a blast together! Alison's Family owns a house on Lake Martin (Shout out to Mr. David and Mrs. Kay). We totally could have gone boating, but instead we chose to just chill in a HUGE raft and listened to 90's alternative. We did switch it up to some 90's hip hop, but the alternative pandora channel was the BOMB!!! We also decided that you can't get better than 90's alternative music, today's alternative music is so WEAK! :) Spoken like true 30 somethings, right?! :)
We caught up on each other lives, read old year books and had some trouble remembering all the "remember when..." stuff that we wrote, and then couldn't even believe we did some of the stuff we did. We truly thought we were so AWESOME and smart and invincible!! But I guess that's what being young is all about. :)
I failed to take a bunch of pics b/c it was just so much fun to sit and relax and catch up with the ladies! :) I hope we really do make it a yearly thing! :)
Heather, Emily, Alison, Barbara (aka, B)
Emily, me, B
Me and Alison (aka, Sonic), She was flashing her initial earrings (circa 1995 or maybe earlier). haha!
Emily and Me
B, Emily, Heather, Alison, and Me. We missed Libby terribly, we just weren't complete without her!





No comments:
Post a Comment