Friday, June 20, 2008

The flood!


Disclaimer: A couple Saturday's ago My sweet husband gave me the day off. So I had things lined up to do all day that did not include kiddies. I of course had to come home every couple hours to nurse Audrey. So to agree with Wade, Nora could have turned on the sink on during any of the times I was home! ;)

Anyway, at some point throughout the day Nora goes into our master bathroom and turns the sink on. That would have been ok other than a higher than usual water bill. BUT, she also had to turn the faucet to the side so she would reach the water. she is obsessed with the water lately!! Soooooo, now the water is falling onto the counter rather than the sink. We are unsure how long the water was in fact running!! When Wade finally went back there our whole bathroom carpet and about 1/4 of our bedroom was soaked!!! IT was bad! We eventually had to pull up the carpet in the bathroom and replace the carpet padding in the bedroom. Then we had to get the carpet professionally cleaned to get the mildew out. We were planning on pulling up the carpet in the bathroom anyway and putting in tile, so that was ok. But it would have been nice to do it on our timeline rather than Nora's.

The funniest part of it all, which made it hard to be angry with Nora, is how Wade found her. When he finally walked back to the bathroom he saw Nora on the ground patting the carpet with a small baby washcloth. She was noticeably in a bit of a panic. I can't even say that (or type) without laughing. Poor little girl...did she really think she was going to be able to soak it all up with the tiny washcloth! ;) I wish I would have been there to take a picture of her. Oh well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's terrible, yet very funny at the same time!!! And I love poor Nora trying to clean it with a washcloth!! Priceless.

Ginger said...

We must keep her and sam far away from each other. He has learned he can pull the step stool over and turn the sink on all by himself!
If this had happened at our house, I am sure it *must* have happened in the time i was home, and Blake certainly wouldnt have been on the computer when it happened! :P

Anonymous said...

I am crying I am laughing so hard!!! That Nora is something else. I think her Mom has good story delivery too :-)