Last week the girls and I went to Kansas City, MO to see a good friend of ours from the Montgomery days! I had hoped I could make the drive of 3 and a half hours but, of course, Audrey got hungry. So I pulled of the next exit and headed for a Sconic. I pulled into the very last parking spot so I could feed her and Nora could run around. i just knew it was going to be huge pain, but would could I do?? Just when I was about to get Audrey out of the car, a bunch of cars pull up at the same time right next to us. The next thing I know a bunch of girls rally around the car that was right next to me. "There goes my privacy", I what I thought...but, my little socialite, Nora, went right up to them and made best friends instantly. They were 3 of the nicest girls. They played with Nora and entertained her while I nursed Audrey and they even bought Nora and I drinks. Seriously, they made my night!!! I was really anxious about having to pull over in the middle of nowhere, but they made it a whole lot easier and friendlier! Below is a picture of Nora with her 3 new best friends!
Once we got to KC we had a blast. Nora pee'd and yes, even pooped all over my friends house the first day, but pull ups came to the rescue. I know, what a rude house guest am I. She handled it wonderfully, but I was humiliated!! ;) Anyway, one day we went to "The Plaza" which is an absolutely fabulous outside mall full of fountains, great shopping, and wonderful restaurants with patios! I love eating on a patio!! Anywho, I loved seeing my friend Heidi, she is a hoot and it was great to have adult conversation all day long. And our kids play well with each other. I would be lying if I didn't admit my kids totally stressed me out, but in the end i am so glad we went. Here are a couple more pics!
1 comment:
i hope this time nora remembers reagan because he has been asking about her every morning.
thanks for coming and we had a great time too. perhaps we will be down there with arkansas plays alabama???
Post a Comment