This week we celebrated our 1 year Anniversary in Arkansas. I can't believe it has already been a year...the older I get the faster time goes. Anyway, We have made some GREAT Friends here and have settled into everyday life. But, I must admit...the first couple of months weren't my finest hour. I was actually quite miserable! I always thought I would handle moving really well, but this was not the case. Wade said I tricked him b/c when we dated I told him that moving was no big deal and when he saw how I acted he said I lied to get him to marry me! ;). Whatever!!
In my defense, I had moved many times before and they weren't that bad. But, of course, I wasn't six months pregnant with a 2 year old either. Then, on top of that, we lived in a Resident Inn for 30 days only to move into a house with NO furniture for another couple weeks thanks to the good ole military movers! We spent Thanksgiving at the Crackle Barrel (dang good food though) and I cried in our hotel room watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade!! Then it was DEAD winter, snowing and raining everyday! Christmas was here and we had NO decorations or lights up or even a Christmas tree! DEPRESSING!! The only reason that I didn't curl up and die was b/c of a friend that lent us a bed and brought me food...Lori you will NEVER know who much that touched me, i will NEVER forget it...I know you were an answer to a prayer!! ;) Probably Wade's prayer to help his crazy wife before he goes crazy! ;)
But, I have gotten over it. I seriously think my bad attitude went away about the time that Audrey was taken from my loins! ;) Coincidence?!! Maybe. No doubt about it, this is definitely home now! We have all the typical things like, a messy home, church callings, substitute grandparents (you know that empty nester couple that adopt your kids as their temp grand kids), an exhausting job, daily errands, and gossipy neighbors!
All and all this has been a good year, minus a couple months in the beginning! This really is a beautiful area and the more I get to know our friends I realize what good people have been sent to us. The Lord really does have a plan for all our lives and knows what we can endure to make us better people!
4 comments:
Happy anniversary love. Your move to Utah one day will be smooth as silk!
I don't like moving at all, just ask Simon! It makes me nauseous just thinking of it...Glad that you like Arkansas.
Hard to believe it has been a year since y'all left. Alabama just keeps getting better; your loss!
-Chunky
you do have a heart! don't worry thomas says the same thing about me.
Post a Comment