Monday, November 17, 2008

Goodbye, Farwell, Adieu, See ya, Holler at ya later!!

Nora is grieving a great loss in her life right now. That loss is from the reckless misplacement of her PAPY!! You may know this as a pacifier. One by one they have all disappeared. She suffered this loss once before. As she was flushing the toilet one evening she looked into the toilet to say goodbye to the potty. As she spoke the papy came falling down and was flushed away. The look on her face tragic!! She screamed for it to come back but with no avail. luckily we had another one one hand and well, sure enough, the last one is GONE! And NO I did not sneak it into the trash. I did, however, find it in my robe pocket after a couple NAPLESS days. I seriously thought about giving it back to her because I know how much she LOVES it...it is her security blanket!!! Well, that and I really wanted her to go to sleep! But then I flashed back on the many aggravated memories I had of wanting to tear it out of her mouth and throw it away. After nap time it was always the biggest struggle to get it from her. She would talk with it, drink and then quickly put it back in her mouth, and of course suck like crazy on it if she got upset!! A true obsession...that papy was!!! So Adieu to you, trusty PAPY, you served your master Nora with honor!!
Nora's Beloved PAPY

RIP

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Nora! I know these are tough days...but, it will get easier.

heidi said...

poor nora! but what a way to go!!!

Supershepherds said...

I'm having a moment of silence for Nora's loss. Good job Mom.

Laura said...

I'm not sure who's heart needs blessing...yours or hers;)

Thompson Family said...

Oh my goodness. I am dreading the day I finally get the courage to remove paci from Evan's life. No, not looking forward to that at all. If you have any tips on how to do that let me know. Thank you for your comment on my blog. You are so kind.

Scates Family said...

That is so funny! congratulations on moving past one more milestone.

Jadie said...

Ahhh....I can so relate right now! Schmobie is DEFINITELY a binky boy. I had to laugh over poor Nora's experiences--I'm just imagining her face as her papy went down the toilet! Tragic indeed!

The Grays: said...

Ahhh. What a good girl and what a good mom you are! Such a milestone...I wish we lived closer too so that we could get together. I use you as a cool reference for mommyhood!

Lisa said...

Nicole, you're so funny! I miss you...and unfortunately, I don't think I even have your phone number in Arkansas! When you get a minute, please give me a call! I miss you and NEED to catch up!! Love you!!!!

Jessica said...

Hey Nicole,

It is great to hear from you. Wow Nora has grown up so much and Audrey is so cute. I miss the old play group people form the gump. Tim says whatz up!