The morning we got home from our driving extravaganza AKA our trip to Colorado, Was Actually Wade's Birthday! I, being the dutiful wife that I am Woke wade up in the early morning hours to tell him happy birthday...ok, ok, actually I just looked over at him driving and told him happy birthday. Needless to saw, We got home that day and VEGGED out! I took a long nap in the morning but got to work in the afternoon. I made Wade homemade Birthday cake and even decorated it...which, BTW, you know I took a picture of it!! And made him a delicious Steak dinner with homemade coleslaw and baked potatoes.
After the dinner and marvelous cake we opened gifts and then watched a movie Wade rented. "Forbidden Kingdom" I think. It actually was a good movie...from what I saw!!! Anyway, I really didn't take many pictures this particular day, well, because we were in pajamas all day. It was pretty low key, but if you know my hubby at all then you know that is his style!!
Don't fret...for there is more! ;) I already lined up a babysitter before our Colorado trip so Wade and I could go on a date and celebrate his birthday together. So yes, on a Monday night out with the senior citizens...6pm, Wade and I went "OUT on the TOWN"!!!
It was a Lot of fun! We actually dressed up. Ate Sushi (trendy huh?!). Got hot chocolate, and walked around the cool part of Fayetteville. Ya know that area that every college town has. Lots of bars and stores, yet a couple really nice restaurants that you KNOW ain't no traditional college student hanging out at... yet, it's right next door to the Irish pub with the scent of Bar funk hanging in the air!!! Nonetheless, you know I felt cool and care free. We walked around with our hot choco like we owned that little village area...that's right, we were cool for a moment in time. Then it was off to pick up the kiddo's and nestle back into reality!!
Our Trendy little Sushi Place
Our Big Sushi Plate. This was the first time Wade had eaten Sushi...other than a california roll at those Chinese buffets!! ;)
I personally stick to the cooked sushi rolls but Wade dove right into the Raw fish! Blah!!
The Happy couple. BTW, that's my favorite "cute" jacket. Common, every woman has that certain peice of clothing/outfit that they feel CUTE in. And that is Wade's date jacket... click here for Exhibit A.
7 comments:
You have been one busy chic!! Do you live in Fayetteville?
Happy Birthday Wade! Looks like you guys had lots of fun.
That is the best news!! We may be opening in Fayetteville...but keep it on the DL:)Which means I could come visit!! :)
this post just made me miss you. love, heidi
Looks like you guys had a good time. Don't bust his chops about owning a date jacket. I have a Notre Dame sweatshirt that was probably in every picture I took from 1995-1998.
Look how sniffy you are with the "exhibit A" clicker! I really like your jacket, by the way. Happy Birthday, Wade!
Aren't you trendy?!? Cute jacket, though, really.
Post a Comment