Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Flight Home

We just got home late last night from our visit with all my family in Utah. My parents live there and my brother and his girlfriend were there along with my sister and her family. We had a GREAT time!!! I will get some pictures posted later. For now, I wanted to share our plane ride home.

We had 2 flights on our way home. Our first flight was from SLC to Denver. When we checked in our seats hadn't been assigned so we had to get those at the gate. We waited last minute b/c there was a play area on out way to the gate and we would have rather waited for our flight to board there, then in the middle of a large mass of people. So when I finally went to get my seats the guy had us all over the plane so he tried to get us together. When, he handed me the tickets he said," If you don't like these seats I can't help ya." I just laughed and said thank you and walked away. When I finally looked at them I noticed they were on the first row. That's right... FIRST CLASS baby! That nice man couldn't get us together in coach so he bumped us up at no charge. I loved it! I am spoiled for life now. All the room and comfy seats is what sold it for me. But don't worry...I am gonna get over it real quick. I just don't see the Bolinger family busting out the cash for first class in the future.

Then, On our second flight there was an older couple that just thought Audrey was the cutest baby EVER!!! Well, let's be honest...she is!;) I mean Nora was too! ;) Anyway, they were really nice and sat behind us on out trip. They passed us as we got off the plane and said...and I quote..."We love to see good parents and you guys are great, Good Job!" My first thought was, "That is so nice, we are good parents" and then my second thought to immediately follow was, "They obviously aren't with me after a long day at home!"


It was a great trip back with some little "pick me up's along the way" Just had to share. Feel free to leave a comment agreeing on what great parents we are! ;)

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Dont ya just love first class. Blake got bumped several times and loved it. Got to where he would always ask at the counter how much to upgrade. Sometimes it is as little as like 50 bucks. Totally worth it! (So says the girl who has never flown....but if i had....I would want first class..)
Oh, and y'all are great parents.I am jealous you got to go to Utah though. Did it snow?????I miss snow.

The Grays: said...

I have to agree! You are of couse my parenting coach and doing an AWESOME job! And, SWEET about first class...

heidi said...

first class all the way(when it's free).
and it should be no surprise that you are a first class parent.

Anonymous said...

You ARE great parents! And I look forward to seeing Christmas pics!