I sure thought it was!! Seriously, the first time I ever heard of Branson, MO was when my mother took a road trip with her sisters and they went through Branson. Mom described it as a show town like "vaudeville" . Whatever that means!? It sure didn't sound fun for a hip gal like me. So when we moved to here everyone was talking about Branson. I thought they were crazy, I mean this is a place my mother and her older sisters wanted to go party, why on earth would I want to go there???
Well we went there this past weekend. We actually went to Silver Dollar City in Branson. It's an amusement park. I was expecting it to be miserable with a little fun.. I mean two little girls in a huge Amusement park?? Right. But, to my pleasant surprise it was tons of fun!!! It is perfectly shaded and had TONS of rides for little kids. There was about 10 rides Nora could ride and they even had a couple little rides I could bring Audrey on. Luckily we met some friends up there so Wade and I were able to go on some rides too!
The funny thing about Silver Dollar City is that when you pull into the parking lot you see NOTHING!!! I am used to Six Flags over GA and you see the roller coaster MILES away. But, here in the Ozark Mountains, all I saw was trees. I just knew this place was gonna be a joke. I didn't even see the roller coasters until I got right up to the front of the line for them. Wade and I thought it was Amazing when the Roller coaster brought us to the top and we just looked around at how these rides came out of nowhere in the forest! Crazy!!
Well, we have season pass's now so we will be there quite a bit this year. Great family fun!!!
The girls and I Rollin' in!
Nora just about made it on some "bigger" rides
Nora and her daddy on the swinging ship...she screamed the whole time, but she LOVED it!
Down time
The girls LOVED this ball area. Strike a pose Nora!
We had to PRY girlfriend away from the foam ball machine gun!!!
Whoo Hoo!!! This is GREAT fun...
Oh! Now I'm tired!
One of only TWO rides Wade and I got to ride TOGETHER, It's like Amusement parks are all about the kids or something!?!
Wade, Nora, and our friends on the water ride...they didn't get too wet!
Nora and her BESTEST friend!
If you are actually still looking at all these pictures, then I have a treat for you. This is a video of Audrey playing in this HUGE fun foam ball house. That's the only way I know how to explain it. She truly had a BLAST!
6 comments:
It is so much fun having "fun by proxy" with ya! Thanks for sharing this with us. :)
Yahnira, you are hilarious!!!
So Lars and I went to Branson before we had kids to check out the shows. Us and the 'oldtimers' had a blast! Seriously, we went to 3 shows in 2 days and we were lovin every minute of it!
I guess next time we should take the kids because it looks like a great place for the.
Hey girl, thanks! Listen, I'm in Arkansas! Visiting Dori! How far are you from Springdale? Call me at 334.714.4286. We would love to get together with you and Lisa!
SDC is our favorite place to go too! We've been there 3 times this year already. You'll love Christmas time at SDC! It's the best. It was fun running into you guys there also!
i am actually FROM missouri and i have never ever been to branson. my neighbors used to go all the time and i was totally jeal. let's try and have a trip in october to silver dollar city and i want to get a purple parasol with my name painted on it. i've always lusted after one of those.
and i love that you have new kids on the block on your playlist. i love summertime.
and you are SO gorgeous in the wedding pictures. the teal dress is a dream on you and i love the shoes you are wearing at the oklahoma wedding.
Post a Comment