Friday, December 18, 2009

Next Year...

...Our house will look like this!!! I am gonna be honest, I have NEVER liked a lot of lights on a house before. I think it's just horrible! But, I am afraid my children are changing me for the worse!! You see, last night we went driving around looking at Christmas lights. And the girls would hoot and holler when we drove past a gaudy house like the one above. We would have to pull over and stop in front of the house so the girls could have a good look at it. Audrey would just scream, "lights, lights," in the most joyful high pitched voice ever and Nora said, "I want our house to look like that next year". They just love those horrible houses. Our next door neighbors and our neighbors across the street both have gone a little "over the top" to say it nicely. The girls run outside at night or stare through the windows so they can see them. The are OBSESSED with Christmas lights. And I have to admit, I feel a little bad that they aren't excited about our house. So, I guess next year we are gonna have to go ALL OUT GAUDY!! ;) Post Christmas sales heeeeeeeeere we come. If your in the market for a 10 ft Frosty the Snowman or 100's of feet of colored lights too, you better watch out! :)

3 comments:

Supershepherds said...

I didn't figure "keeping up with the Jones'" applied to Christmas lights too. I'm glad my street is fairly boring.

gapeach said...

Kids tend to change us for the better, I think!! :> I can't wait to see the "gaudy" Bolinger home next year!!
Lisa

gazelle said...

Darling blog!