Thursday, January 28, 2010

what we're up to

So the girls are sure growing!! They are busy, busy, busy! Today I was thinking; about how when Nora was just a baby, I used to think to myself , "how do parents let their kids go to out with mismatched clothes and crazy hair". I mean, Nora was always totally put together and a bow in her hair! If it meant I had to change her clothes I would, so that she would be "cute" whenever we went out! Well, these days, it's a whole different story. TODAY, I understand why!! It b/c (A) the child probably dressed themselves and (B) b/c it's the least of my worries. I've got a million things going on these days, so if my child has messy hair, face, or clothes, I totally realize it and I just don't care!! I can't even count how many times Audrey has gone to the store with a messy face. Yes, I realize it; and yes, it's kind of driving me crazy. But, for some reason, I just haven't had the chance to wipe her face off. Nora is into dressing herself as of late. I try to teach her to match and then polish her off with a bow and cute shoes. But some days, like today...SURE, wear your sunday shoes with no socks to the store on a rainy cold day and no jacket b/c all you want is your umbrella! Sure, everyone in the store will look at me like a bad mother, but that's ok!!! I just didn't have it in me to argue with my 4 year old. So, that's what's been going on here!! :)) FUN TIMES!!!

This is a picture of Audrey in her "little place". Lately, she likes to sit there with a random bunch of toys while I cook. It's in from of a cabinet in between the fridge and oven. That little girl loves books as much as her sister, but she wants to "read" them herself. Don't try to read them to her. She is also talking SO much lately. I'm sure if you came over you wouldn't understand a single thing she said, but she makes total sense to us! And it's GREAT that she can communicate with us instead of crying.
This is Nora with her Favorite Slippers she got for christmas. She put them on to warm her feet after she went jumping in puddles...can't you tell by the dirty jeans (again something I didn't have time for, if wet dirty jeans didn't bother her, then it didn't bother me...LOL)

Nora is really funny lately. This age is kind of fun b/c of all the things they talk about and all the words she is learning. She likes her hair in a pony tail lately and when it starts falling she say, "Mom, my hair is going CR-AZY!!!" I don't know why, but it cracks me up when she talks about how things are crazy. I think it's b/c how she accentuates the word CRAZY.
Not much to say about Wade and I. Wade, goes to work and then either works on the apartments for a bit or a tenant calls b/c something's not working. A lot of our tenants have only been living there for a couple weeks , so we hope that will die down once everything is working properly. I have my PT job at the athletic club 2 mornings a week outside of that, I am either working on my photography job or I am showing rentals or processing applications!! I enjoy meeting new people, but let me tell you...There is a WHOLE world out there I have been unexposed to. It is truly humbling me. I have a lot to be grateful for...whenever I start comparing myself to the "jones' " now, it's easy for me (well, somewhat) to look at all we have and be thankful for it!! There are truly people with a LOT less.

4 comments:

WesnKim-sidebyside said...

...and one day, they will have cereal for dinner, AND it will be OK!

gapeach said...

NIcole, your girls are cute, even if their clothes don't match! :> I love you!

Lisa

Jadie said...

Matching, schmatching. Who the hell cares?!! ;) It used to bug me to no end when Scratch dressed Cici, because, although competent with his OWN clothes, he would put together the weirdest combinations. And if he ever had to do her hair--oh my. Definitely NOT his strong point, but hey, that's not what I married him for, right? ;) I felt like we looked like we were on welfare. But then, like you, I got too busy to care, and it all definitely became a lesser priority!! The funny thing is, now that we ARE on welfare, we actually look fairly respectable. Ah, life's sooo ironic sometimes!

On a sidenote--I love how we've been able to get to know each other better through blogging! I feel like I know your cute little girls well now--I can't wait to see you guys in July!

Supershepherds said...

So from now on, when I see kids with mismatched clothes, koolaid stained mouths and "CRAZY" hair, I wont judge. I'll just be impressed that the mom is picking her battles oh so wisely.