Sunday, July 11, 2010

Let the Nesting Begin!

So I guess i'm officially entering the nesting stage and thank GOODNESS for that. I have a million projects I need to get done!! One of the things that has been on my list for about 2 years now is painting the girls room! When we moved into our house 2 and 1/2 years ago we tore a BUNCH of wall paper and painted almost every room in the house..except Nora's room and the nursery. I was 6 months prego at the time and just couldn't paint another room. Wade was wore out too! Life went on, the nursery became the playroom and the girls joined rooms. Still NO paint. Well, Friday night I went to bed with NO thoughts of painting. Then I woke up Saturday morning and JUST couldn't get moving...TIRED has become my middle name! ;) Anyway, after feeling like a total loser I just felt like getting something accomplished. SO I mentioned painting their room to Nora and from then on there was no turning back. We took a trip to Lowe's and I came home and started painting.

It was a MESS. If you could have seen me trying to paint with all that furniture in the room and not to mention the TOYS...whew, it was total chaos! But I got through it AND all the toys are safely in the play room. I let Nora paint a little on a wall I hadn't painted yet, but not near as much as she would have liked. What to do about her independent attitude??? WOW, that is another post ENTIRELY! :)

It's nothing big time, but I think it turned out pretty cute. I am CRAZY proud that I did all that in a day so of course I had to share!


Obviously, I didn't choose paint color too fun (it's better than white) but I wanted to use the cute polka dot wall stickers I bought! Audrey's side.
Originally the little lights over the bed were on one side of the room. It was over a "reading area" when it was just Nora's room. I thought they would look cute over each bed.

Nora's Side of the room
The Vanity!!


Nora actually helped with the polka dots. I had planned out in my head where I think they should go, but of course I knew she would want to do it too (that dang independence). Well, I left them for the morning so I could include the girls. Morning came and I had a headache really bad...took some tylenol and a cat nap and then I woke up to polka dots all over the room. They were on the sides of the room, but also a a lot of brown ones bunched up under the window seal and on the quilts. But, I have to admit Nora did a pretty good job with all the others. So I just moved the ones below the window and on the quilts and positioned them all over. All the big ones she pretty much put where you see them. SO I have to give her props. But admittedly, I did loose it when I saw them all over the place b/c I had a PLAN and THAT was not part of the MY plan. Nora just told me she wanted to do it herself and I knew I couldn't be mad at that. I told her she did a good job and I "helped" her with those other ones...lol!!! Oh, how giving up control over my kids is gonna be hard and it may kill me, but I realize I have little choice! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls room looks great! I bet your glad you finally got it done!

Katie said...

soooo cute! you are incredibly creative :)

The Copelands said...

It's such a cute room!! You and Nora did great !!! :-)