This was the first Christmas that we spent without some other immediate family members. At first I was really sad about it. But, to my surprise, it turned out to be a really wonderful experience. I always think I need to be with "MY" family for a holiday, meaning my parents and/or siblings. But I came to a realization that "MY" family is now Wade and our 3 little girls. We had such a nice day together relaxing and playing with our new gifts and enjoying the gift of EACH other. After all, the best gift that God has given us is each other. I can hear my sister gagging at that statement...LOL! But, as corny as it is, it is SOOOOOOO true!
The Christmas "Spread"
The stockings and Santa's plate and dresses Grandma Lee gave the girls.
The girls and their Christmas pajamas. They had to be gowns b/c Audrey LOVES to wear dresses!
Elise struttin' her Christmas onesie...thanks Auntie Lib
Audrey discovering her Christmas Goods!
Nora with her umbrella. That girl LOVES her umbrella. The last one got ruined so santa had to bring the girls each another one. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Schafer!
TBoth the girls spent a good part of the day painting with the art supplies they got for Christmas.
I am learning that is always the cheapest of gifts that my kids love. They had a great time with the $5 horses from toys r us!! haha!
Nora got a razer scooter this summer so we had to get Audrey her own little scooter for Christmas. She was so excited. I'm excited too b/c I won't have to listen to them fighting anymore.
One of my fav gifts...a bling, bling watch!
Nora and her Barbies she got! What is with the love affair that little girls have with Barbie? She can't get enough of the little blonde doll!
My parents gave Wade a Christus. He loved it! He's wanted one for years and finally got it!
just a few of the paintings the girls completed. Nora's are on top, Audrey's on the bottom.
As far as Elise is concerned Christmas came and went and she was none the wiser. I'm gonna go with what my brother said explaining why he wasn't sending Elise a gift..."Elise got the gift of birth so I think she's good"! LOL! I love my brother!
Also, I have to give a special thanks to the ALL the Grandparents! And even some of their Aunts and Uncles. Half those gifts under the tree are from the Grandparents. Not to mention the girst the opened a couple weeks earlier from Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wes. These three little girls are so very loved. We are very Blessed and VERY thankful for Everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment