Monday, February 7, 2011
7 years...
Has gone by SO fast!!! And we have three beautiful (and active) little girls to show for it. Above is a picture of us when we were dating. I'm gonna say it was Dec. 2003, about 2 months before we were married. I just love this picture! I love how I am smiling and I love how he's looking at me. Once upon a time my hubby adored me...lol, just teasing. He still does! Not sure I deserve his adoration, but yet I have it. I think I blogged last year on our anniversary that he really is the only man in this world that could put up with me and I still believe it. I've actually learned a lot from Wade over the last couple years. He's taught me to be less selfish and to be more thoughtful. He is one 100% percent thoughtful, that man! We actually make a great pair. I'm the face of our duo and he is the brains. What I mean is, I am the social one who makes all the friends and he is the one who observes EVERYTHING. It makes for some real interesting conversations. I am always in awe of how much he observes. I'm always to busy talking. You gotta beware of those "observers" ya know!! LOL!
I'm actually very excited for this year. We have our third (and most likely final) child and a lot of change on the horizon. I'll blog more about that later. We are actually more working like a team thee days than ever before. I think we've finally figured each other out. Or I've figured HIM out rather. I think he figure me out a LONG time ago. That's an "observer" for ya! :)
Anyway, not sure what were doing for our Anniversary, but he's got something lined up on Saturday night. Uh oh! I always get worried about his surprises. It's because he's SOOOO thoughtful. He thinks about things I've mentioned or watched me do something and then he plans something according to that. It's always something super sweet, but what I REALLY want is usually a shopping spree or something along those lines...LOL! But, I've learned to appreciate that side of him. I've learned to appreciate the simple things...which is why I adore him so much!! What can I say...opposites REALLY attract!!
I love you Wade!! Thanks for 7 great years of marriage and friendship!! Gotta sign off before it get too corny up in here! ;)
Above is a floral arrangement I put together today...Just trying to be thoughtful! Not that Wade likes flowers, actually he hates it when I bring home some type of floral decor (ask me about our first big fight as a married couple sometime...funny) but this is kind of symbolic...if you will. I love hydrangeas and when we bought our first house before we had kids ( I can't even remember that life...lol) wade bought me a green hydrangea and planted it in our yard. The next year when it bloomed it was blue. Apparently they can change colors depending on the minerals in the soil. Anyway, we lived there for 3 years and it grew bigger and bigger. I was sad to leave it, I almost dug it up! But I thought about that today and went and bought the blue hydrangeas at hobby lobby. I already had the green ones, so I made this. I think Wade will get a kick out of it when he gets home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
happy anniversary! what a wonderful accomplishment to be proud of :) i love your flower arrangement too--so pretty!
Happy Anniversary to ya'll! Hope you enjoy your special day and your surprise night on Saturday night! Wade sounds like such a nice guy and I am sure that you are both lucky to have each other! Congrats! :)
Just came across your blog very randomly and noticed your youngest daughter is an Audrey. So is mine---we call her Audrey Kate. My girls are 4 and 18 months. I love having girls!! Anyway, cute blog =) Happy Anniversary.
happy anniversary. i can't believe i was almost at the temple for your sealing and didn't even know you. that's the kind of friends we are.
and that wade is a saint. perhaps you could dress up as one of his fave sci-fi characters? i hear princess leia goes over pretty well.
really sweet, nicole. happy anniversary.
Post a Comment