Can you pronounce that??? Don't worry, neither can I! But that is pretty much what this time of year is for us. We got married the weekend before Valentines day. It usually works great b/c when we go somewhere for our anniversary it's always empty b/c everyone is saving time/money for the next weekend of Valentines day. But this year we weren't able to get out on a date until the weekend right before Valentines Monday! Wade is always trying to make date night more interesting so this time he surprised me with dinner on the dining cart of the Arkansas-Missouri Railroad.
It was really fun. The best part about it was that we were stuck with each other for almost 4 hours. Don't worry, that was a good thing! Usually we eat and run to a movie or run to go get the girls. Rush, rush, rush. But that night he couldn't go anywhere even if we wanted to. So we had a nice long discussion. I think we even talked about things we had never talked about before. So, KUDOS to Wade!!
Our babysitters (Memaw and Pepaw) snapped this pic of us after we dropped the girls off.
Me in front of the train!
Our table...Vinyl tablecloth...how romantic! LOL!
The conductor gave me a rose as I got on...sweet! Wade got a little jealous! LOL!
Our desert! HAHA! The date was definitely about the journey and the ambiance. Definitely not about the food. As we got off the train I glanced at the HARPS grocery package the cake was in. I'm not hating though, It really was fun!
Then a couple days later Valentines day came. We never do anything big time or expensive for Valentines. Wade usually takes the girls on a daddy/daughter date. But, he was pretty sick this year so we stayed home. The girls and I made him this card and he LOVED it!! Really, he couldn't stop looking at it and smiling!
That night we had the missionaries over for dinner and the girls helped to make a heart shaped pizza! It was DELISH and you can't go wrong with the company when it's the missionaries!
All in all...it was a FUN and GREAT Valeniversary!!! :)
1 comment:
I absolutely LOVE the card you made Wade!! How beautiful! ... And happy anniversary! I remember going to that wedding! ;o)
Post a Comment