Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Camping in an Easter Monsoon

So, We planned a camping trip during Easter Weekend...I know, I know sacrilege!!! :)  But in our defense, it was a wild flower festival and one of the few weekends we could get away.  Wade and the girls L-O-V-E to camp.  Me, well, let's just say I play the dutiful wife role once a year.  AT that once was happening Easter weekend.  So when that weekend came and it was rainy...Wade was gonna make that trip happen come rain, hail, or storm...which did all happen and we did go!!

We did wait until Saturday morning.  We didn't waste any time..seriously, we were out the door by 6am.  Once we got there we found our campsite and the MINUTE we started setting up the tent...BOOM!! Major down pour!  I mean BAD!!  We eventually got the tent up, but were careful to NOT totally unpack.   We ultimately went home that evening, but had some fun moments in our 8 hour camping trip!  I told Wade that maybe we could give it a whirl in a week or two.  He foolishly believed, BAH HA HA HA HA HA!!  Just teasing.  I really am gonna try to go again.  That poor man just LOVES to camp and more importantly he LOVES the uninterrupted family time!

First up, I have to show off some cute kids...



Now that we're done with that...While it was pouring outside we went to the visitors center and learned some fun stuff about Arkansas.  As crazy as it sounds, the girls were really into it.


The girls REALLY loved this display and this Park interpreter (yes, that's what their called).  She was a lot of fun.


They each enjoyed playing in the rain with their umbrella- ella-ella- ey...Rhinna, anyone?  No? Ok, movin' on!


Seriously,  they had so much fun playing in the rain.  So much so, I thought they would NEVER want to leave!!


They got a big kick out of sitting in their lawn chairs eating lunch that Wade made on our camping stove...you're jealous that you don't have a camping stove, huh?  And even more jealous that you don't have the cool blue kettle dining wear. I know!! :)


Elise just slept most the time in her carrier...in the tent...with the sound of rain in the background.  Doesn't that sound heavenly?  Don't you wish we could have "carriers" as adults??


Wade Cooking our lunch.  I mean, doesn't he look so happy??  Gotta love that man!!


TOTAL girl dad.  One of the girls wanted more water.  So daddy grabbed the nearest umbrella ella-ella-ey (oh! Sorry) and saved the day!  Oh, by the way, see the cardboard box next to the cooler.  Well, that's a food tent.  We could have put it up.  But why would we need that???


Audrey became a little crabby around 2.  So she took a nap in the back of the car. Glad we could set up the tent in the pouring rain. It made the tent such a NOT warm and cozy place...HA!  The car was a much better option!


Our humble abode for about 8 hours of Monsoon Bliss!


At least Wade got some good Daddy/Daughter time. This is Wade trying to teach Nora to skip rocks on the Buffalo River.  It was really BEAUTIFUL there!

Oh, And the Wild Flower Festival, you ask?  More like the Flower Festival that WASN'T!!!  There were a couple things planned that of course got cancelled, but really, it's wasn't anything like I thought it would have been!  Oh well!


This is my favorite little picture...I call it "BOOTS"!  I know, I'm so original.  I see my children take after me when they name their baby dolls "Baby" or their stuffed bear "BEAR".  HaHa!



4 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

I think Nora said it best when she described the camping trip as cold but AWESOME. - Wade

Kimberly said...

Your girls look so happy! What a memorable trip! Did the Easter bunny come find you in the rain?

Katie said...

Hahahaha! Oh Nicole, this is too funny. Hopefully next time you'll get some sun. ; ) IF there is a next time!

Ali said...

I'm impressed you survived through the rain!