Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sweet Things


The girls have been saying/doing the sweetest things lately.  I'm afraid that I'll forget them, so I wanted to put them in my blog.  I have to say I've had to write them down on scratch peices of paper just so I don't forget them before I blog it!  I've already forgottten a couple, I'm sure, but here's a few...

The other day I asked Audrey what she wanted to be when she grew up and her reply was, "Like Nora!"  Her little voice was so sweet and honest.  She really meant it!  It  made my heart so warm and fuzzy.  Those 2 always fight, but they love each other so much!  You just gotta love sisters! :)


One evening we were sitting outside enjoying the cooler weather and Nora lays back in her chair and says, "What a wonderful day, mommy!  You can just lay back, close your eyes, and relax" I had to do a double take and make sure that was my FIVE year old sitting there.  She is growing up so FAST, it's CRAZY!! 

The other day I also asked Nora to do someting for me, I can't remember what, but at first her reply was "No" because she was doing someting else. After a brief moment, she said, "of course, if you really want me to, I will".  I was so proud of her!   She is gonna be such a good big sister. It's that Audrey that's gonna give me a run for my money when she's a teenager! LOL!



Wade took the girls camping this weekend (more on that in another post...stay tuned) and it was just Elise and I for about a day and a half.  It was wonderful. The last time I had just ONE baby, I didn't know how to enjoy it b/c being a new mom is a little stressfull.  But, as a mother of 3, MUCH has changed.  That can be a whole blog post as well...hahaha!  Anyway, at one point we were just sitting on the couch together and I looked down at her and she was just looking up just staring at me.  She smiled when I saw her and she continued to stare.  It was so sweet to me.  That little baby girl just LOVES to be around me!  She's pretty laid back, but I have to be in the SAME room as her at all times.  Yeah, sometimes it's a little much, but most of the time I secretly LOVE it! :)




This isn't really a "sweet" sweet comment, but it TOTALLY blew my mind!

When Nora first started school, she had a little trouble being quiet and still at times so she would come home with a "yellow" for dicipline.  The desired color is "green"! :)  Well, after getting a second yellow we said a prayer before school asking God to help her be quiet.  After we said it she says to me, "Mom, I just don't know if God is real, I mean, I never see him and the things we ask for don't come true".  I was FLOORED!!!  I think the fact that my child questions the existence of GOD is a good thing.  I believe that is how our relationship with Him and our faith in Him grows.  But, the fact that my child is only 5?  That's CRAZY!!!  I mean, isn't that a little deep for a 5 year old?  She is a smart one and a thinker, like her Daddy!  Anyway, I told her that's what Faith is for and reminded her of things that HAD come true that we had prayed for.  So, she went on her way to school.  When she came home that day she had a GREEN in discipline.  I reminded her about our conversation that morning.  She just smiled and laughed and said, "I know, Mommy"! :)  I'm actually really proud of her and it was a lesson to me that God answers all our prayers.  No matter how big or small.  I know he answered a little 5 year old's prayer that day and strengthened not only her faith, but her 33 year old mother's faith, as well!









1 comment:

gapeach said...

I just love these moments...so glad you are taking the time to record them! They are sweet girls!!! :>

Lisa