Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Fun

The girls have had a lot of fun around the house the past couple days.  Of course they get to play non-stop, but Christmas bring a whole different kind of fun.  They Spent the better half of a day making Christmas sugar cookies with Grandma.  

First they made the dough, Grandmas' special recipe!  Then they rolled it out and cut out shapes.  After they cooked and cooled they frosted all the cookies.  Grandpa joined in on that fun.  I was just so thankful I didn't have to do it...hehe!  

Another day they made santa hats and beards with cotton balls.


Nora used her creative side of her brain and made this little piece of artwork.  She cut out the snowmen and used the cotton balls as snow.  Sounds simple, but I would have never thought of it.  Her creativity always amazes me!

And they have LOVED playing outside together!  You'd think we had some fun stuff out there, but no!  They just ride their bikes and color with sidewalk chalk and do who knows what else.  But they have a BLAST playing together!  Nora is always such a sweet big sister to Elise!!  Having an (almost) 6 year old is AWESOME!  They just really mature so much while in Kindergarten!

Later we had a Funky Christmas photo session.  I took out all the clothes they had that were Christmas colors and told them to go crazy with putting it all together.  The funkier the better!  Well, when I went to check on them, they were all matching!!  These girls dress crazy ALL the time when I tell them to get dressed.  I guess they just didn't understand that I was ACTUALLY giving them permission to dress weird.  Anyway, with a little encouragement we put together the perfectly awesome crazy outfits.  They helped me pick out what we should dress Elise in.  

We attached our Santa hat and beard to some skewers and used them as props.  I thought they were just adorable!!  It was a family event.  My Mom and Dad held the garland in the background and Wade helped the girls smile!  Fun times! :)

Switcheroo!!

We decided to let Elise in on some!!!

Crazy girl!!  She loved to stick the tongue out!

Nora is such a  lil' model!!  She decided she wanted her ponytail on the side.  Kind of looks like an 80's Christmas as well, huh?!

sweet sisters!

Seriously, can that Elise get any more Crazy!!  Just when I didn't think our girls could have anymore character, she comes along!

All I want for Christmas is just ONE picture of all my girls cooperating!  Oh well!!  I'll settle for this! :)



No comments: