Nora had her tonsils out the other day. She hasn't really had a lot of ear infections or anything, but they were HUGE. The first ENT we went to just wouldn't quit talking about how big they were. I got the feeling she was a freak of nature or something. Even Dentists have commented about how big her tonsils were. Poor girl! They did effect her hearing and her voice is VERY nasal sounding. Recently, her right tonsil was so swollen it was taking up literally HALF of her throat. I don't know how she was breathing or swallowing. I was checking her every night until her surgery to make sure she was still breathing. I know, such a motherly thing to do.
She was pretty excited about getting them out since she was told that she would get to eat all the ice cream she wanted. She totally ignored all the other fun stuff we told her such as how her throat will hurt and she'll be asleep for a bit.
She was laughing and smiling and singing beforehand. But during the hour she was in surgery she went from THIS...
She was pretty excited about getting them out since she was told that she would get to eat all the ice cream she wanted. She totally ignored all the other fun stuff we told her such as how her throat will hurt and she'll be asleep for a bit.
She was laughing and smiling and singing beforehand. But during the hour she was in surgery she went from THIS...
You know your child must be pretty miserable when they frown in their sleep! She woke up pretty confused and fussy, but calmed down when I laid in the bed with her (and got a dose of pain meds in her IV, hehe). She pretty much slept the rest of the time we were at the hospital. She rested a bit the remainder of the day, but by the next day she was up an at 'em! She didn't even want to take her pain meds anymore b/c she didn't like the taste. 4 days later she is still eating soft foods, that's to be expected, but she hasn't even really complained. I am TOTALLY shocked by this! I was expecting BIG time complaining and crying. Maybe I should just always have low expectations and then will always be pleasantly surprised. Just kidding...maybe!! :) All in all it wasn't a bad experience.


1 comment:
ha ha ha!! Low expectations is ALWAYS the way to go. So glad she has done so well :)
Post a Comment